Part I: We Were Built to Fall Apart Chapter 17

Taylor woke up with a jolt, feeling strange. Then, she glanced at her clock and her eyes widen as she realized it was 8:30. She raced to the bathroom and got ready as fast as she could. 20 minutes later, she hurried out of the building with a piece of waffle between her teeth.
-
Taylor arrived at the daycare at 9:15, 15 minutes late.
"You're late!" nagged Teresa, one of Taylor's co-workers. She always seemed to enjoy criticizing every little thing that Taylor does which really gets on her nerve. But, Taylor just strode past by and didn't even give her a second glance. She stepped into the room full of little kids running around, playing with toys, and laughing. The morning sun light poured into the room.
"Hello, good morning everyone!" Taylor greeted them.
"Good morning Ms. Taylor!" A few kids replied back.
"I saw you on the news!"
"There was a man!"
"And they said some mean things about you."
All at once, the kids were talking over another.

"Okay! Kids, recess time!" Taylor broke the commotion, seeing Teresa glare from across the room. What is the problem with that woman? All the kids cheered and pushed their way, squirming out into the playground. Taylor followed behind them because it was her job to supervise.

"I didn't think you would even bother to show up today since you got Mr. Styles to oogle your eyes at," an icy voice sounded behind her. Taylor rolled her eyes. "You're just what all the other women are after, aren't you? Publicity, money, a future taken care of," Teresa listed with a sneer.

Taylor was just about to say something back that she would've regretted when Selena came in between them. "Hey, Sel!" Taylor brightened, grateful for her prescence.

"Hey Taylor! You HAVE to spill out everything. You didn't tell me you were seeing him!" Selena exclaimed while dragging Taylor away from Teresa.
"Sorry, I just had a busy week," Taylor said.
"Okay, okay. Enough chit chat! SO, how is he?" Selena questioned with the biggest grin on her face.
"He's...charming, endearing, and I'm comfortable whenever I'm around him. He's a very sweet guy, nothing like the media has said about him. And, he is such a gentleman sometimes, respecting my space and never making me wait. I never knew I could feel this much about someone...it's like I'm on a roller coaster kinda rush," Taylor swooned.
"Ugh, I'm so jealous of you," Selena spat. "Is he a good kisser?"
"Um, yes..." Taylor admitted, her cheeks turning red. This made Selena all giddy and excited.
"Keep me updated!" she said as recess was over.

"Okay, guys! Please get into a nice line and walk inside," Taylor called out.

-

A couple of hours passed until they started working on a project involving clay. Taylor took out all the supplies and laid them out on the table.

"There's enough clay for everyone, so please don't fight over it, okay?" she made sure the children understood.
"Yes, Ms. Taylor," they replied, eager to get their little hands on the clay. In a matter of minutes, kids were squealing with delight as they began shaping things with the clay. Taylor loved watching them get excited over these small things and found it extremely adorable. She hoped to have kids of her own one day and being able to wake up to them each morning.

"Stranger danger!" one of the kids yelled, wide-eyed, breaking Taylor's thoughts. A few more kids started to become alarmed and Taylor turned around to see what the fuss was about. It could just be Teresa wearing one of those frighteningly short summer dresses on warm days. To her surprise, it was Harry who was standing there rather startled by the welcome which he had received from a 4 year old girl. He was dressed casually in jeans and a button down shirt.
"What are you doing here?" Taylor asked, raising an eyebrow.
"I uh, brought you some lunch." Taylor looked down at the picnic basket in his hand.
"I was thinking we can maybe eat together." Taylor smiled at his thoughtfulness and how sweet he was.
"Hey! I saw you on the news yesterday!" said one kid.
"Me too!"
A 4 year old girl tugged on Harry's shirt, trying to get his attention. Once he looked down at her, she said in her shy, cute little voice, "And my mommy said you look hot."
Harry didn't know what to say and chuckled at her.
"Sure! We can have a picnic outside on the grass," Taylor said. She caught Selena, who was over by the sink helping a boy washing his hands, frozen and mouthing OH MY GOD. Taylor had to bite her lip to keep from laughing as she and Harry went outside. He took out a blanket and rolled it across the grass which was a little wet.
"I packed us some sandwiches, two cans of soda, bags of chips, and of course, fruits. I'm not all that unhealthy, you know," Harry said.
Taylor took a bite out of sandwich. "This is wonderful! Thank you so much," Taylor chirped.
"No problem. The pleasure is mine," Harry cracked a lop sided smile. "Are you free tomorrow at 5?"
"I'm out of work at 6 but I guess I could leave a little earlier..." Taylor pondered.
"No, that's fine. 6 would be fine. I'll pick you up at 6:30 then?"
"Sure. And where are we going?" Taylor wondered.
"It's a surprise," he winked.

A/N: HOLY SHIZZLES, 1K?!?!!?!! OMFG THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO SO MUCH, YOU ALL ARE INCREDIBLE AND AMAZING AND HAVE MADE THIS POSSIBLE. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS STORY. ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOUU 😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️