Part II: Then Fall Back Together Chapter 31

"Would you like to go out for dinner later? I realized how we haven't been on a date for a while," Harry asked.

"Of course! What do you have in mind?" Taylor responded.

"Anything that you'd like...how about sushi?" he suggested.

"Mmm, that does sound good. I'm actually crazing for that right now," Taylor agreed.

-
Since the restaurant was within walking distance, Harry and Taylor didn't take a car. Also, there weren't any papparazzi in this area. The sun was just setting, the sky turning pink and the clouds appearing to be like cotton candy. They both enjoyed the spectacular view.
The two entered a slightly darkened room and were immediately greeted by a hostess and asked, "Would you like to sit at the sushi bar or at a regular table?"

"Sushi bar, please," Taylor piped up. She liked to be entertained with all the tricks the chefs have up their sleeves. How they worked with the giant flame of fire fascinated her. It got her asking questions like: Aren't they going to catch on fire too? What if the restaurant burns down? Aren't they afraid? Wow they must have had a lot of practice. As they sat down, not many people paid attention to the newcomers which made them both comfortable and relieved. Taylor ordered cooked sushi rolls, she did not like to eat them raw. She had once before and it was disgusting. She felt queasy afterwards and her stomach was upset. Harry ordered the same thing as Taylor. While the chef was preparing their dinner, Taylor watched in awe, unblinking. A fried shrimp sailed through the air and Harry jumped off his seat, catching it in his mouth. Taylor giggled at his actions.

"Do you ever wonder what might have happened if we had met each other that day differently? Or maybe if we hadn't met each other at all? Like, maybe you chose to go eat some place else or I wasn't drunk," Harry said.

"Yes, I do once in a while. But I believe fate led us here. We were destined to be together. For all I know, I could've just ignored you and gone home," Taylor joked.

"And because of that, I think about how lucky I am to have met you," Harry smiled. He placed his hand over Taylor's and squeezed it gently.

Taylor smiled back and did the same. "Me too, and I wouldn't trade you for the world."

Harry's phone started ringing and he looked at the screen. "One sec," he excused himself and stepped outside to where it was quieter.

While he was gone, Taylor sipped her glass of water and absentmindedly twirled her straw around. She looked out the window and saw Harry on the phone frowning, his eyebrows furrowed. He ran his fingers through his curly hair, seemingly stressed. When he returned, Taylor asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Yea, yea. You don't need to worry," he tried assuring her. But still, Taylor was unconvinced. Judging by the look on his face, there was something going on that bothered him. His eyes seemed cold and he faked a smile which wasn't anything like his other charming ones. Taylor didn't want to push the situation any further though because it didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it.

After dinner, the two strolled through the city. The night was lit up by the skyscrapers, traffic lights, billboards, and a billion other things. They talked and laughed until Taylor saw that the Harry she knew was back. The warmth spread back in to his eyes and smile. After walking a few blocks, Taylor's feet grew tired and every step was more exhausting and painful than the last. "My shoes are killing me!" Taylor complained.

Harry looked down at her feet which had pinkish, red marks above her heel. Taylor was practically wobbling at this point. "Then take them off," he said.

"And what? Walk bare footed?" she scoffed.

"No. Here, climb on to my back," he offered.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I'm not," he simply said.

"People are going to stare," she countered.

"So?"
She finally gave in and climbed onto his back, her arms circled around his neck. Her flats were dangling from the tips of her fingers. Harry took her feet into his hands and began massaging her heels. "Mmm... That's feels good," she murmured into his shoulder.

When they reached Taylor's home, she laughed, "Thanks for the ride."
There was no one home so Harry, with Taylor still on his back, took her upstairs into her room where they collapsed onto her bed. He was on top of Taylor and crashed his soft lips against her's. She kissed him back, running her fingers through his hair and watched the lights go wild. In minutes, they were both undressed. Harry gazed at Taylor with his green eyes. But no, not with lust, but love. They continued kissing until somewhere in between, he breathed, "You're so beautiful." Taylor smiled against his lips. They made love all night until both were breathless and couldn't move an inch. They fell asleep, tangled with each other all night.

A/N: 2 UPDATES IN ONE DAY WHOOP. ALSO, DID THIS CHAPTER REMIND ANYONE OF THE FAULT IN OUR STARS (not the piggy back riding part though). IT WASN'T MY INTENTION TO DO THIS BUT I REALIZED THAT HALFWAY THROUGH WRITING. P.s. Please do vote and leave a comment!