Part II: Then Fall Back Together Chapter 36

July

"Happy 4th of July!" Harry exclaimed while prancing around in the water, the waves reaching up to his knee. "Even though I don't really celebrate Independence Day."

Taylor laughed at his cheeky manner. They were celebrating the holiday with their close friends: Selena, Karlie, Ella, Niall, Louis, and Eleanor a few of which Taylor had become friends with through Harry. At the moment, they were in LA, the sunny west coast. (A/N and no, it's not warm 24/7 and not everyone knows how to surf ok) Harry splashed some water at Taylor and she shrieked. "Stop! You're going to get me all wet."

"I can always get you wet, babe," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oh shut up, will you," she said, rolling her eyes, and splashed water into his face. The high tides came rolling in with so much force, it knocked Taylor off her feet. She crashed into the water and screamed. She's always had a fear of getting carried away into the ocean and no one would be able to hear her yelling for help. Harry laughed at the sight of her until he realized she was actually being serious, needing his aid. "Harry! Help!" she yelped, reaching for his hand.

He pulled her up saying, "I gotcha, pumpkin." Taylor was soaked from head to toe, her white dress becoming translucent. "You know, you should've worn a bikini or something," he suggested.

"Oh, you would love to see me in a bikini wouldn't you," she teased.

"That wasn't what I meant but yea," he admitted. Taylor slapped his arm playfully.

They began walking along the shore line when Harry reached out for Taylor's hand and pulled her in close. He trailed a bunch of kisses from the bottom of her jaw, down her neck, inhaling her sweet vanilla fragrance. Small sounds escaped Taylor's lips while he was doing so. After he stopped, they just stood there for a while, his arms wrapped around her waist. "Wouldn't it be nice to have kids one day? Running around the house, cleaning up after their messes, taking them to school on their very first day, and going on family vacations?" Harry said out of the blue while observing a group of little kids chasing each other.

"Only if I'm the mother," Taylor joked. Harry smiled at her response. They've never brought up the subject of their future and it's been nerve wracking for Harry the past few weeks. He's been doing a lot of thinking lately and didn't want to pressure Taylor or anything but took this comment as a good sign.

Taylor took off and ran to her friends, her feet sinking into the warm sand. Karlie, Selena, and Eleanor were lying on their beach towels, tanning in the sun while Ella was sitting under the shade of an umbrella, reading a book. Taylor grabbed her polaroid camera from her bag and took a polaroid of the three of them. Then, she ran back to Harry, taking her camera with her. "Say cheese," Taylor smiled, holding the camera in front of them. At the last second before she hit the release button, Harry turned to give her a kiss on the cheek. Her face immediately turned shocked, her mouth forming a surprised O. The image came out and Taylor took a look at it.

"That's adorable," Harry laughed along with Taylor.

"I gotta go to the bathroom," Taylor said hurriedly.

"Can I come?" Harry asked innocently.

"Ya, no." Taylor rolled her eyes.

Taylor had to admit, she despised using public restrooms, especially the ones at the beach. They were awfully small and have a horrible stench. She tried holding her breath for as long as she could but gave up after 10 seconds. When she finally got out, she took a huge gasp of air, gratefully. While walking back to where her friends were, she noticed all of them huddled together, as if having a group chat. "Did I miss something?" she yelled out, walking towards them. The huddle quickly broke free when Taylor neared them, and there were side glances, whispering, and smirks. "What's going on?" she inquired.