Part II: Then Fall Back Together Chapter 37

Day before Thanksgiving

Harry glanced at the familiar number flashing on his screen. He hesitated before picking up the call.

"Dad?" he asked coldly, with no emotion in his voice.

"Harry, I'd like for you to come home for Thanksgiving-"

"Don't expect to see me because-"

"-with Taylor," his father finished.

Harry was silent for a moment. What made them change their minds?

"Okay," he agreed.

"Good. We'll see you then," and his father hung up.

What did I just agree to. I didn't even check to see if Taylor was okay with this. Why do I always screw shit up. But hey, maybe this was a good sign right? Maybe his parents are finally accepting the fact that he wants to be with Taylor.

"You-you want me to meet your parents? Tomorrow?" Taylor asked, making sure she heard him correctly.

"Yes, if you'd like. I mean, if you aren't comfortable..."

This was going to come sooner or later. What was I expecting? Taylor told herself. "I will. I'll meet your parents," she declared, trying to put on a brave smile.

"Great," Harry smiled, and kissed the top of Taylor's head. Taylor tried to assure herself, I'm sure they're lovely people, right?

-
Listen to Wonderland

Taylor wore a simple red dress with lace at the hems of the sleeve. She wanted to show that she was classy and not a lot of skin. Taylor felt her hands get clammy as she and Harry walked through the grand entrance. Her heart felt like it was in the pit of her stomach-just basically how she felt before presenting in front of the class when she was in middle school. What she was about to do would either make the rest of her life easy, or hard when being around his parents. Harry comforted her by rubbing her back and calmed her fears with a cheshire cat smile. Taylor felt his arm twist and wrap around hers and together, the two came face to face with Harry's parents.

"Hello, Taylor. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. We've heard a lot of great things about you," Harry's father greeted her with a non genuine smile.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Styles," Taylor smiled as brightly as she could and shook his hand. He merely nodded.

"Taylor, dear! I'm so glad to finally meet you," Harry's mother hugged Taylor. " I can see why Harry chose you specifically. You are a lovely young lady," she complimented.

"Why, thank you Mrs. Styles. It's so nice to meet you too," Taylor blushed.

"Please call me Anne, sweetie."

Harry's father, Des, sat down on the couch. "Please do sit and make yourself comfortable," Anne ushered Taylor over to the gold fabricated couch adjacent to the one Des was seated. Harry sat down close, next to her and took her hand, rubbing circles around on top of it.

"So, don't you think you two kids are maybe rushing into things?" Des asked.

Taylor didn't know how to answer. She was at a loss for words. First of all, he called them kids. They were 25 for God's sake. Also, they weren't rushing into things too quickly...were they? "Uh, n-no," was all that she could get out.

"What do you do for a living?" he questioned.

"I just moved to New York recently so I work at this child daycare," Taylor answered, sweating slightly.