Part I: We Were Built to Fall Apart Chapter 12

Both of them pulled away, sensing Taylor's presence. Harry seemed shocked at what just happened and had no idea what the heck was going on.
"How could you two do this to me?" Taylor cried and stormed outside. She bursted into tears while running away as fast as possible and pushing through the crowds. She didn't care if her face was streaked with tears of mascara. She didn't even care that her feet were throbbing from wearing those ridiculously high heels. Abigail ran after her and finally caught up in the parking lot.
"Taylor, I am so so so sorry. I didn't mean to-- I didn't know you and Harry had something going on." It really wasn't her fault though, because Taylor didn't tell her anything. She was about to say something else but held back, biting her lip, afraid that it'd make Taylor more upset.
"That-that's okay...I guess I developed feelings for him over the last few days and-- It's my fault I didn't tell you."
Still, Abigail felt terrible for doing this to her best friend. That was when Harry rushed out, breathless and confused, yet still breathtakingly handsome.
"You can go back to the apartment. I'll take Taylor home later," he instructed her. Abigail obeyed without a word and left the two standing in the middle of the parking lot in the dark. Harry, looking into her hurtful eyes, inched closer and closer to her until their foreheads touched and he was towering over her a bit. He placed his hand on her waistline.
"Harry, are we really a thing?" Taylor asked him, his face so close to her, his hot breath on her skin.

"Maybe you can tell me after this?" He pressed his lips slowly, and delicately against her's and right when she was about to kiss him back, they were blinded by camera lights flashing.

"Harry! Harry!"

"Over here!"

"Are you two dating?" the papparazzi shouted over another. Way to ruin the moment, Taylor thought bitterly. Harry was pretty frustrated himself and almost punched the crap out of one guy when Taylor held back his arm and said, "Let them say what they want. We won't hear it if we just ignore them." Damn, she is better at this than me, thought Harry.

"Just grab my hand, and don't drop it!" Harry warned her as the lights flashed and they ran for an exit.

They both arrived at Harry's car, breathing hard and hopped on, avoiding the papparazzi.

He took Taylor home and kept looking over Taylor, not able to keep his wild eyes on the road. Once they stopped at the front of her apartment, he took off his coat and threw it to the back seat.

"So um... about Abigail," Taylor began. Harry saddened at the mention of this, ashamed of what happened.

"Taylor...I just want you to know that she threw herself at me and I did not kiss her back. I'm assuming she was drunk? I was just walking out of the men's restroom and I was not expecting that."

"That's okay, it isn't your fault. Now to finish where we left off..." Taylor undid her seat belt and leaned over, pecking Harry lightly on the lips which tasted minty.

" 'Night," Taylor said before slamming the door shut. She truly did not want to just call it a night. She didn't want to leave that magical moment.
-
Taylor tossed and turned through the night, struggling to sleep. She kept replaying the scenes that happened tonight in her mind until she couldn't just lay in bed any longer. She sat up and turned on the lamp, grabbing her phone from her nightstand. She paused before she let her finger hit the Twitter app. Should she do this? This might change her for the worse or for the better. I should not care what people think... she reminded herself. But Taylor couldn't help it but press the Twitter icon. What she saw made her wish she hadn't done what she did. Insults, threats, and hate exploded her inbox. She scrolled through them, one by one, each worse than the last. Why are people so cruel? She hadn't done anything wrong. Taylor searched Harry up on Twitter and followed him, seeing that he already has followed her. She finally saw one tweet that warmed her heart.
@Harry_styles: Please stop all these rumors and threats. Taylor is a beautiful person, inside and out.
Afterwards, she saw that one of the top trending hashtags were...Haylor? Wondering if that had to do with her and Harry, she tapped on it to find photos of them. So apparently, that was their ship name. I love that name, Taylor smiled to herself. But it seems like not many do. She couldn't take it anymore and decided to call Harry. She needed to hear his voice and his comfort.
"Hello?" Harry answered, sleep apparent in his voice.
"Oh, I'm sorry did I wake you?" Taylor apologized.
"No, no--well, ya but it's fine. What's up?"
"I um, I just wanted to hear your voice," Taylor admitted. Harry chuckled softly.
"I went on Twitter and I saw a lot of things I shouldn't have," Taylor said.
"Taylor..." He sighed. "I thought you told me that we shouldn't care about what people say."
"I know but--"
"It won't help you in any way or do any good, Taylor so please just don't pay attention to all of it okay?" Harry pleaded.
"Ya okay, I got it," I told him.
"Mmkay, goodnight, love," his voice sounded muffled.
Did he just call me love? Taylor wondered.
"G'night..." Taylor said and they both hung up at the same time.
"...love," Taylor whispered.

A/N: OMG SO CLOSE TO 500 VIEWS THIS IS INCREDIBLE THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! 😘😘❤️❤️