🦋 dominic32 🦋

Start from the beginning

"this is-"

"real life. movies are dramatizations. i know," she says mocking me. "i'd rather be extra cautious then not at all. we don't know for sure what they're capable of, so we'll make sure they don't know what we're capable of."

"you've got this twisted way of convincing me to do things your way."

"i'm the king baby," she boasts. "you're the queen and apple's the princess."

"you're a queen dommy," apple giggles, ray joining.

"nice. you just met and you're already her favorite," i groan.

ray winks at me.

"but like you said, it's us now, and in order for us to protect ourselves, we're probably going to have to take a few people out."

"take people out?" i question, my mind pushing in my homies that live here in florida that's taken out people themselves. "i can get some shit from my boys," i think out loud.

"what shit?"

"extra precaution."

"extra precaution?" she repeats, looking me over once. "no."

"what? why not? we'll need it."

"i'm not introducing guns to the mix."

"we won't have an advantage with your orb blasts and my force field."

"i'm calling them energy blasts, and those are our advantages! they can't do what we do. we're already ahead."

"soraya do you really have to disagree with everything i say?"

"i don't. i disagree to idiotic suggestions."

"alright," i let go, "just promise me you'll let people speak before energy blasting them."

"i'm making no promises."

we walk for a few more minutes, walking up on a mom and pop breakfast diner that's surprisingly open. every other place surrounding it is closed.

"we'll order to go," ray states as we stash our bags and walk in.

there were two other sets of families on either side of the building.

apple and i sit down in the middle of the two families while ray orders for us.

a tv in the corner of two walls plays the news and i strain to pick up the newscast.

"... the death toll will not ease up, scientists say. in just five days... million people will have died from MAX... innocent men, woman, and children... president states that "the individuals who caused... justice that they deserve". the two individuals... still on the run; were last seen... don't approach, call the number on your..."

soraya joins us at our seats, giving me a concerned look.

you heard?

no dominic. i didn't hear that the government is blaming us for millions of deaths!

i roll my eyes.

you could've just said yes. you think anyone suspects anything?

nah, the woman taking my order didn't seem to care about me or you, or apple. she didn't seem to give a fuck.

"how are you doing that?" apple whispers to us.

"doing what?" i whisper back.

"talk. without moving your lips?"

"you heard us?" i ask her.

"just raya saying the woman didn't seem to care about us and a bad word that i can't say."

"holy fuck!" soraya grins.

"soraya," i deadpan.

"what? we're amazing!" she says, grabbing one of apple's hands and one of mine.

"us against the world," i chuckle, grabbing apple's other hand.

a strong current flows between us. it's beautiful. it feels unstoppable. unearthly. like an out of body experience but more than that.

what we three can do is so mind blowing, and no one knows. these people sitting around have no idea that our family could destroy them if we wanted.

we could destroy this entire place.

"ORDER TO GO!"

ray gets up and apple and i do as well. once she grabs our food, we leave, grabbing our bags we hid.