🌹 soraya31 🌹

Começar do início

"i'm sorry, okay?"

"you don't have to be mean. just because you and raya are fighting? i thought you liked each other!"

"we do like each other. it's hard to explain anything apple. we just know that we have to get going."

"and mama?"

"...mama... she's gone to a better place," i tell her.

"can- can i say goodbye?"

"no," i dismiss and stand.

"dommy-"

"no. you're seven!"

"i was here with her! you weren't!" she argues.

"no apple!"

"that's not fair!"

"life's not fair!" i scream at her, making her take a step back from me. i bend down to her height again. "once we leave this apartment, the life you're used to won't exist anymore. you won't be apple. one day you'll be janie, or madison, or fucking sandra! i can't... i can't have you lose your innocence so quickly. i should've been here," i tell her, eyes watering as i grab her cheeks. "i should have been here for you so you wouldn't have had to do this on your own, survive for four days all by yourself. but i'm here now. i just got you back. i just found out you can turn invisible, so please let me keep you safe, for as long as i can," i cry.

she pulls me into a hug, and i cry into her shoulder, hugging both her and her backpack.

she wipes the tears from my face and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"okay dommy," she whispers.

i hug her once more before standing, taking her hand. we walk out and i see soraya, waiting. she's leaning against the wall next to the front door, a leg on the wall.

i look at my mom's door and at apple.

i know i told her she shouldn't say goodbye, but i need to.

i look back to soraya.

"i'm gonna..." i trail off, letting apple's hand go and heading to her door.

my chest constricts in pain as i touch the handle, preparing myself for the worst.

🌹 soraya 🌹

apple walks toward me as dom enters his mom's room. he's avoided looking and talking about it in the 14 hours we've dumbly stayed.

but i wait for him to take his moment.

some mothers decided to be good to their children.

i crouch to apple's height and put her other backpack strap on her.

"being here must've been really scary, huh?" i ask her. she looks down at her feet, nodding quietly. "well guess what," i say, titling her head up with her chin gently so she can look at me. "dom and i are going to make sure you never feel that scared again. we're going to protect you."