Epilogue : Part Two

The sound of keys jingling outside the door rang throughout the house.

Your house.

To elaborate, the house you lived in was one of the few houses living in that 'neighborhood'.

After having worked extremely hard to earn your own money once you all had finished college (and of course, with the help of the seed money your relatives gave you), the eight boys decided to buy houses in this one neighborhood which you found to be perfect for your liking. And since you were stuck with Seungmin for life, you naturally had to agree with them.

Even though you're older now, the guys just couldn't grasp the fact that there would be a possibility of them not seeing each other as frequently anymore. Consequently, they found a way to avoid that.

It may sound childish and immature, but to them, if nothing seemed to be going wrong and the plan seemed stable, it was completely fine to push through with it.

Quietly and with light steps, Seungmin walked past the white walls of the living room and over to the kitchen, taking out some food in which he was going to combine to make a scrumptious feast, having been informed that the guys were coming over to have a little chitchat.

But Seungmin cooking in the kitchen wasn't an uncommon scene. It was whenever he predicted you'd be tired that he'd cook dinner in your place, but sometimes, he just did it because he loved his two girls so much.

So he stirred up a random mixture of foods, hoping the outcome would be delicious.

Finishing off the dish, he brought the pot of soup and plates of food to the dining room, carefully placing the hot pot on the metal steam rack that was already on the hardwood table.

Wanting to see his two girls already, Seungmin climbed up the stairs to go to his 4-year-old daughter's room, remembering to knock softly before coming in just in case she was asleep.

Unfortunately, Yoojin (his little baby) wasn't feeling all too well that day, and you had to keep an eye on her despite having to do some work that you took home. But you made sure to prioritize your daughter's health, giving her everything that could make her feel better. As a result, you were as exhausted as your (not so anymore) sick daughter, leaving you knocked out on the bed with Yoojin, sound asleep in your arms.

He mentally awed at the sight of you two snuggled up against each other, tempted to just kiss you both on the cheek, which he did sooner or later.

But his light kiss woke you up as if it was a Disney princess situation, and your eyes fluttered from the blinding ceiling lights of the room.

"Hey," he whispers, rubbing the back of your head softly. "Dinner's ready."

As you were still groggy, you couldn't quite comprehend what was happening and how someone had the audacity to wake you up (you were a bit cranky, not going to lie), but the sound of dinner intrigued you, wanting to fill your appetite after a long day.

"The guys are coming in a while, so you should get ready, too," he tells you, grabbing your hand to gently lead you to your shared room while he cradles Yoojin in his arms.

You heard him try to wake your little girl up, and the sound of him softly going 'Jinnie, wake up' gave you security after having been worried all day.

——

"Seungmin?" You enter Yoojin's room, only to find the two of them in the bathroom, having a water war.

Seungmin was seated in front of the bathtub, helping Yoojin take her nightly bath while she rambled on about the stories you told her.

"And then mommy and Uncle Jisung got in trouble!" Yoojin exclaims, throwing her hands in the air as she giggles sweetly, Seungmin laughing along with her.