Chapter 11

It was a holiday today and you had your day off. No, the hotel staff didn't have a leave, it was just the nine of you.

Since you all were free today, you guys decided to walk around the busy streets of New York and explore a different culture. Chris told everyone to dress comfortably since he said it was going to be a long day of walking. You slightly complained at the thought, but your complaining was replaced with excitement when you thought of going out with your second favourite people.

You did as told; picking out an outfit from your minimal casual clothes, you decided on one not long after.

You brought your pick to the bathroom—a black, oversized shirt with green and red sleeves and yellow lining around the neck (which you stole from Changbin a while back but he never seemed to have noticed) with a pair of blue, denim jeans which cuffed at the bottom. You wore your outfit of choice before looking in the mirror, slipping on a pair of comfy, white socks before wearing your white, low-cut Converse which you kept squeaky clean.

You hated having dirty shoes, so pretty much all your shoes were as clean as can be. Frankly, no one could ever find a single speck of dirt in your belongings. You always kept your things neat and orderly. Gladly, people around you generously understood your conventional cleaning practices and were more than comfortable with them.

Well, except Jisung. He was a mess.

Grabbing your black clutch with all your outdoor essentials, you came out of your room, seeing that the boys had all been waiting for you as they sat on the couch.

"Let's go, my people," you exclaim as you run down the stairs smiling, excited to roam around the city. As they all stood up from the couch, you slung your arm over Changbin since he was the only one whose shoulder was comfortably at arm's length.

"Is that my shirt?" He asks, looking at your torso up and down with his sightly furrowed brows.

"Maybe," you reply sheepishly, giving him a bright smile in case he was asking for an apology.

You all headed out the hotel like little children going on a field trip. Surely everyone had to take a glance at you to check out where the sudden noise came from when you arrived at the lobby, but you couldn't care less.

Chris led the way for his eight children, and you found it quite funny how Chris walked in front of all of you, and would casually count you guys from time to time just to be sure none of you strayed. He had his familiar black backpack on his shoulders and you could see his kangaroo keychain swing from side to side as he walked. He was holding his phone in his hands where it showed the directions, constantly checking to see if you were following the right path, especially after he had turned the wrong corner earlier which ended up in a fifteen-minute-extension of your guys' journey.

Despite the extended (and already long) walk, you were simply taking advantage of your time and went up to every single one of them, starting a conversation with each one. The most interesting one so far was with Jeongin; you both had a debate on whether it was safe to keep your phone in your back pocket or not.

It went as far as you taking Hyunjin's phone out of his back pocket, just to prove that anyone could take it and it would be easy to steal, so you ended up winning the debate. But Jeongin told you to hold onto the phone until Hyunjin realized it went missing.

There was only one person you didn't talk to yet. Well, two, but Chris was off limits at the moment.

Truthfully, you loved having conversations with Seungmin. He always came up with clever ways to do things; thus, you end up learning a lot from him. Yet, occasionally, you and Seungmin would talk about things around you like the rest of your friend group. You both loved to quietly make fun of the boys and just talk about these things. You both got along really well, the list of topics to talk about had no end to it.

But in spite of all that, it'd been harder to strike up a conversation with him ever since that day. Unless he started it, you didn't know how to start one unlike before. You hated the fact that just because of this simple feeling, your relationship was the one to suffer the consequences of it.

You felt nervous as you looked up at Seungmin who walked in front of you. He looked so happy talking to Changbin (more like teasing as you saw him poke the boy) that you didn't want to interfere, and you were afraid to go up to him anyway so what was the point of talking to him?

Fortunately, you were saved from your dilemma as Chris had stopped his parade. You all looked up to see a road full of tiny pubs with big flashing signs. Those signs read the names of each restaurant, but you read them in your mother tongue. You were in Koreatown.

Great. Speaking English was beginning to become tiresome.

"Listen up, elephants," Chris calls to you all in which you look at Felix's shirt to see a light, grey color.

Well, he's not far off.

"I know you all are homesick and stuff, so I brought you guys here!" He instantly switches moods as he goes from serious to outgoing. The nine of you cheered at the sight of all the familiar words. A smile promptly made its way to your face as you could smell the scent of familiar foods that your grandmother would cook for you every once in a while.

——

The day was spent joyfully. You were all thrilled to be eating foods you normally ate and doing anything you wanted for a whole day. But at the end of all of it, everyone grew tired and all you wanted to do was go back to the hotel and rest.

Now, you were all laying in the living room, just like most days after a long day of hard work and labor. Everyone was basically doing their own thing. As Hyunjin and Seungmin were reading a book they found in one of the shelves of the rooms, everyone else was on their phones, minding their own business.

Some suggestions would be thrown to the center here and there, but that was it. No one was in the mood to be having a full-on conversation with anyone, even though you all loved being with each other.

You, yourself, had your attention focused on your phone. You scrolled down the screen as you saw pictures of your schoolmates enjoying their summer in Seoul.

Jeongin had his head rested on your lap as Felix leaned on your shoulder. Felix and Jeongin were doing the same; just checking up on what the rest of the people that they knew were doing.

Chuckling at their stances, you clicked on the camera app of your phone. Switching to self mode, you secretly took a snap of the two.

Another one to my collection.

It was pretty quiet and relaxing until you all heard an exaggerated gasp and a dramatic yelp. You turned your head to see the problem when you saw Hyunjin standing up and patting down his pockets.

"Someone stole my phone!"

okay so i updated twice today cuz idk i just felt like it lol
and it's just a filler anyway so that should be fine.
but then the fillers aren't always the best so i'll say this for the upcoming ones
peace for the lazy fillers 🤣
oh, right.
if u were wondering what the outfit looked like, here it is, peeps.