Chapter 37

Your group was all headed back home, and everyone was pretty tired, maybe except you. What can I say, you were a night owl (you like to think of yourself as Hedwig, you had great admiration for that owl). And fortunately for you, Chris had told everyone that he had to run a quick errand to the grocery store nearby. Obviously, you volunteered to come.

You soon found out Seonghwa had given him a few coupons for that specific store. When you asked, Chris told you that Soenghwa and the owner were close friends, so you guys were at an advantage.

"Minju, I need to tell you something," Chris suddenly volte faces from his giddy side, giving you a little glance as you were headed home with the food and snacks in your hands.

"Shoot."

"Well, call me a tattletale, but Seungmin told me something involving you about a week ago," like always, Chris foreshadows, but unlike other occasions, you actually didn't mind his tendency to do this. Let's just say, you were a tad curious, but also worried.

What could have Seungmin possibly said about you that took Chris a week to tell you? In your head, it wasn't something to be happy about, especially since he mentioned being a tattletale.

And Chris was not one to tattle.

"And frankly, I don't know how you'd really feel about this one," he continues, making you feel even more nervous than you already were.

You prepared yourself for it, even if you only had two seconds to do so. Whatever bad news Chris was going to bring to you, you promised you wouldn't lash out or sulk about it. If your boyfriend said anything remotely bad about you, you were not to confront him (or anyone he'd told) about it.

Just hit me, Chris. Don't prolong the anxiety.

"Minju, he said he loves you."

You were anxious but now that anxiety's flown to Pluto, and Pluto was pretty much forgotten by society, so your anxiety was floating around somewhere in space.

Maybe it landed in Saturn and got caught in the ring.

That's pretty strong, you thought and you were honestly shocked, but only a little.

You were pretty definite about your emotions, as well. What struck you was just the fact that Seungmin told Chris (and who knows who else) about this type of feeling. Seungmin was the type to keep it to himself (Minho ruined his point but that's different), that's why no one ever knew about his feelings for you. The word 'love' never entered your mind when you thought of anyone besides your dear grandmother. It was a new subject to your tiny heart, and it just wasn't so comfortable talking about it.

"Don't give me silence. That scares me and I'm not even Seungmin," Chris makes a remark to try and lift up the tension that surrounded the two of you after he exposed such secret.

Of course, he expected this reaction; he even made a whole speech to follow so he wouldn't be left with nothing to say. Truthfully, he was scared for you.

He knew how you couldn't really handle these types of situations. All of them knew, and that's probably why Seungmin hadn't told you yet. Every time a situation like this would arise, your gears would break down and you'd stutter at every word, leaving you better with no words at all.

Chris didn't want you to react the way you did, but he couldn't do anything about it. In fact, even he didn't know if you felt the same way, and Chris usually knew everything. He was scared, scared that when the time comes that Seungmin would confess, you were going to come up with a stupid answer and break it off with Seungmin.