Chapter 29

Hands linked, fingers intertwined, you and Seungmin walked down the hallways of one of the famous malls in your area, although you wouldn't really consider it a mall. The building was a work area for the bottom half, and halfway up was the mall part.

There were stores to shop and to play, but what stood in the rooftop was a fancy restaurant (with a mini buffet for the Japanese section), one part open air and one part indoors. You hadn't seen the scenery in reality yet, but you had seen a banner with a picture when you stepped into the building. Even by that, you were already fascinated by it. Not to mention the clear yellow lights that decorated the floor all around that you could see it from outside.

Seungmin held your hand tightly in his, almost as if he was going to lose you to someone else any moment now. It was early evening, about 5 p.m., but you both wanted an early dinner so you could do other things afterwards.

As you both entered one of the elevators leading up with a bunch of people, you stood quietly, watching the numbers slowly change as the lift went up.

The elevator was no doubt cramped, and it was not comfortable at all. People around you seemed to be just fine, but you hated tiny spaces, and you didn't know but Seungmin kept glancing at your direction to ensure himself that you weren't too uncomfortable.

You grew impatient at the slow movements of the numbers, and even more when the ride stopped at floors to exchange passengers. The only free space you would get was when the people in front of you left for their floor, but that moment washed away quickly when even more would enter, creating less and less space as the lift continued upwards.

And your stop was at the top floor of a 60-story building.

As the air was humid and the company was excessive, you let go of Seungmin's hand, rubbing the little sweat off. Fortunately, he understood.

At one point, a group of men about your age came in after having stopped another floor. They were only four, but their voices were pretty loud.

They stood in front of you arrogantly. You were minding your own business, but you couldn't help but feel bothered every time they would look back at you.

You were particularly annoyed by the blonde out of the three brunettes as every time he looked back, he gave you a devilish smirk. Being right behind him was not the best addition to the situation.

He had his hair in an undercut, a dark blue blazer on with matching trousers. He resembled your typical, Casanova jock who was preparing for his grand entrance at a cheesy, high school prom that was held at the nasty gymnasium since the principal and the school wouldn't even give two cents about a teenager's long-awaited event. His garb reeked of strong men's perfume, a famous scent of Tom Ford's.

How'd you know which perfume?

Chris.

You kept your hands to your sides after having wiped off the sweat, looking anywhere but ahead to avoid eye contact with the lecher who unknowingly got closer to you.

Realizing his invasive actions, you aimed to leach onto Seungmin, reaching to place your hands on his right shoulder, but as your right hand traveled in front of you, you felt a set of skinny fingers grab your wrist, holding onto it excruciatingly tight.

You were immediately taken aback by the stranger's actions, and Seungmin was sure to notice.

Right when his eyes had seen your hand and noticed the discomfort from your body language (you stood still and wide-eyed), he extended his own arm, roughly slapping the blonde's hand away.

The sound of Seungmin's hard slap caught the attention of everyone in the small space.

As the blonde flinched at the impact, he turned around swiftly with a disrespected kind of expression, but Seungmin was unbothered by this.