Epilogue

The winds rushed into the wasteland, like tides on the sea. With no greenery in miles, no water but the barren scarred land, anyone was a goner if he dared to cross this part.

But one figure cloaked and with mouth covering, was passing through these parts, searching for something. He had felt it, he had sensed the power which risen from the depths of Earth and now he was seeking it. He hoped that now was the time to restore the balance which was shattered.

His eyes darted into the bare scorching from heat, earth. For him this temperature was nothing; he didn't fear dehydration or famine, he didn't need to rest. But his senses were keen enough to spot the source of the power he had felt.

There, across the path he had already taken. He didn't need to be told but quickly he paced towards the direction he hoped to find what he had been looking for.

The mass of black soon started to appear as the explorer reached the source. What he saw left him petrified; the black winged man with the black hair, was lying to the bare hot floor, shirtless and wounded on his waist and wrists.

But his wings were curled in front of him, shielding something or someone inside, like a protective covering made of silky black feathers. When the man made a turn around, he saw another pair of feet, which were showing a little out from the black wings.

The man pulled slowly one of the black wings of the fainted black haired man and looked at the person he was protecting; blond curls and a pained expression was on the girl's face. Her eyes were to closed but her hands were locked around the man's neck, holding him tightly.

The hooded man lifted a little his hood and left his grey eyes gaze at the lying, fainted pair.

"This will be very, very interesting..." he spoke with relief and amusement and whispered the words.

The winds soared as the man lifted his hands and used the spell on all of them taking Marco and Anastasia away from the scorched earth into a new destination and a new world.