Chapter 16: Decisions to be made

Heaven Realm

First Division

The Angels ran towards the closed double doors. Their golden wings and matching blond hair and blue eyes were a mess as they were trying to escape their pursuer. They had to make to her dwelling; quickly before it was too late.

Meli and Moli pushed the doors together and they spend no time closing them again. They had to reach her and fast. Although they could fly, the corridors were to narrow for their long wings.

Even after 5000 years they still remained the same, young and fresh with the only exception. They had children now; but grief had already nested in their hearts for the offsprings who were taken from them, by force.

Now, their most important mission was to protect the only person, who stood on the way of their pursuer.

"Hurry! We are almost there Moli!"

Meli took a glimpse from her shoulder; she was feeling the ominous power drawing closer and closer and sped up, reaching finally together with her friend, the doors to the room. Their delicate white fingers pushed them open and quickly they closed them again, sealing the white doors, with the best charms they knew.

Moli quickly headed to the couch the woman was sitting quietly and looked at her.

"Lady Uriel."

The woman with the long, white hair, which was falling in waves to the floor and the blue like the depths of the ocean, eyes was staring blankly in front of her, not recognizing at first Moli's voice.

Her blue gown was falling freely on her feet, covering her bare from sandals, legs. Her skin, creamy white and ageless, was reflecting the faint light of her small light balls, which were used as a type of illumination into her bedroom.

After years of despair and regret Uriel had concealed herself away from those around her, using only her powers when it was needed, attending rarely the duties of the Head into the First Division. Meli and Moli were working in her stead, making sure that nothing from her condition would leak outside. Only the other Lords knew of her condition.

But now, under the pressure of being annihilated, Meli and Moli were trying to protect her and at least make their Lady awake from her inner prison, the one she had put upon herself after Auge's death.

"Lady Uriel please! Ivan has returned!"

The name triggered the memory; Uriel lifted her eyes and looked at Moli. Her eyes became a mix of horror and then...anger. Although she had to get up from that silky white couch for more than 5000 years, Uriel got up quickly and walked in front of Moli, shielding her loyal attendant.

"Meli step back now!" her voice ringed like a lost song and Meli quickly ran to her Lady's side.

She looked at Moli and they got ready to manifest the only weapons they knew in order to defend themselves. Uriel's wings shined golden and the Angel smiled, as she felt the surge of power rushing into her, even after all this time. She had yet to give her battle.

The doors lost the shield Meli had chanted and it was brought down, tore into pieces. A mix of white and black smoke entered slowly Uriel's room, and moved towards their direction. Uriel simply raised her left hand and the fog was dismissed as if it never existed in the first place.

As the thick wall of black and white was dissolving, the figure who stood at the entrance and the one who manipulated it, appeared. Uriel let her hand fall and looked at their pursuer with eyes full of hatred.

The Angel who stood before them wielded a long topaz scythe. The white jeans and the leather straps, made of red, were creating a faint idea of clothing, leaving his long wings free for faster flying. The short blond hair and the black eyes were the only remainder of what Ivan used to be and in what he had transformed now.

Meli and Moli looked at him with disgust but mostly they couldn't take their eyes away from the sight of his wings. Although golden the end of the feathers and the edges of them were black, a color which could be found only to Demons.

"So you have changed that much Ivan." Uriel spoke firmly.

He offered a smirk and made a fake bow of respect.

"It's nice to see you too, after all these years Lady Uriel."

The blade shined, ready for battle. Meli and Moli were already holding their golden spears, even if they knew that the stood no chance. His aura was saying everything; he didn't bear anything holy on him.

"So that was the deal you had with Machias? To use the Arts in order to transform your body back into an Angel?"

"Well, it is used to human souls and has results. Then why not in me? I who used to be a Protector after all?"

"And what about your soul Ivan?"

"There is no need for a soul Uriel. Not after all the years you made me suffer!" he almost screamed at her

"You are a disgrace! Your behavior caused Auge to be gone!" Meli spoke loudly and Ivan's eyes turned at her.

The blast wave threw Moli to the wall and the sound of cracking made the Angel yelp from pain. Moli fell to the floor and Meli quickly caught her, seeing the damage on her broken wing.

"Don't EVER speak her name again! She was an abomination! Falling in love with a Demon!"

"This is your jealousy and despair speaking Ivan." Uriel spoke again, not daring breaking her eye contact with him.

"You too became an abomination. A Demon would have a better pride than you."

"Oh spare the talk Uriel! Now that Machias and I will take the Division, you will join the rest of the Lords."

Uriel's eyes widened.

"Where did you take Gabriel and Raphael?" she demanded with hoarse voice.

Ivan smiled at her and lifted his scythe, aiming at the white haired Angel.

"You know where. To the only place your powers are useless."

"The Garden? You took them there?!"

"And that will be the same place you will go too. Now move your feet and don't play any tricks! You don't want the little birds behind you with cut off wings, don't you?"

"NO!" Meli and Moli pled to Uriel but she looked at them and smiled reassuringly.

She walked with her head high, heading towards Ivan and stepped right in front of him. Her gown was simple but looked like a queen's dress in front of the man who had sold the last bits of his self for power.

"Move!" he snarled but the grin on Uriel's lips startled him.

He let the scythe fall to the floor, with the long blade hitting the surface with a thud. Ivan's eyes were a mix of surprise and horror but soon they became angry.

"What did you see?" he demanded but Uriel didn't answer.

Instead, she began walking, heading towards the one place she knew she would have to be.

"Uriel! What did you see?" Ivan screamed behind her and strode towards her direction.

The Angel of Destiny turned at him and without stop smiling, she opened her perfect lips.

"She will come and bring the light to the Heaven Realm. And he will be her sword and courage. And you Ivan will perish."