Chapter 13: Falling

The Angel looked at Auge and Marco with a mix of question and horror. Ivan had decided to follow Auge's aura, wanting to make sure who was the one who had bonded with her. How could another Angel, moreover an Inspector, bond with someone so divine like Auge? He was supposed to achieve that purpose, he carved for this moment where his and her souls would become one for all eternity. But he couldn't reach her. Auge was too strong and incompatible for him.

Now, looking at the Demon who was standing in front of her, a horrible suspicion made Ivan step closer at them.

"Watch your steps Angel." Marco growled as he spoke and Auge looked at Ivan from his right side.

"Auge, get away from him and come to my side. Let's go home." Ivan spoke softly at her but his eyes were locked with Marco's.

It was a sign of hatred.

"Ivan, I am alright. Please return to the Division."

Marco sensed her distress; she was afraid. He lowered his daggers and retreated away from her.

"It was nice seeing you tonight Angel. We will summarize the tomorrow's work another time." He lied easily and smirked evilly at her.

Auge looked at him for a moment but soon she caught up with him. She returned his smirk with one of hers, making the Demon eager to touch her and feel her lips on his.

"Sure old man. See you tomorrow." And Auge walked slowly towards Ivan.

He lowered his swords as she came closer and smiled. She didn't return his feelings but looked at him with anger.

"Since when do you follow me wherever I go Ivan? I don't remember any orders like this."

"I just wanted to see with who you bonded."

Marco's breathing stopped; he hadn't thought of that. Auge was in serious trouble if she couldn't cover for that important matter.

"He returned to the Fourth Division. I was ready to go home too, when Marco appeared to tease me and you with your swords ready to slain everything on your path!"

That's right. Tell him more baby.

Auge shivered with the shared thought but she didn't turn back at him. Ivan lowered his head and murmured an apology.

"Do not act on impulse again." Auge stated dryly and a surge of her aura filled their surroundings.

Even the Demon felt it; it was a powerful and at the same time beautiful sensation for him. He saw Ivan molding his wings in acceptance and Auge nodding at him, accepting his apology. For tonight he would let her go. Many things had happened and they both needed time; time to figure how they would move on, time to think of tonight's confessions and words of love.

He had already turned his back, getting ready to open a portal, when he felt it. His hands became cold, like ice, his breathing was heavy, while his wings seemed to be unable to move.

No. the thought, the fear filled Marco as the familiar, overwhelming sensation made him fall to his knees and scream.

The Angels turned to his direction, surprised by his sudden scream. Ivan quickly stepped in front of Auge but she shoved him away, not daring to take her eyes away from Marco. She saw his body rocking back and forth with his black wings opening and closing.

"Marco..." she pled towards his direction making Ivan snap with the sound of her worried voice.

Marco stopped moving and dread silence filled the forest. No creature could be heard as if someone had taken away the voice of all creatures. The Demon stood up slowly and turned to Ivan and Auge.