Chapter 15: Marco and Anastasia

Gedo peered through his 'V' mask towards the direction he felt the sound coming. If he had a face, a grin would be formed on his lips. But the Lord of the Nether Realm was more eager to meet Marco's Spirit Seer, than waste his time, toying with Marco.

He looked down at the chained man and he giggled.

"Oh now you are going to miss the fun. Too bad for you Marco." Gedo murmured and became one with the shadows.

-------------------

Anastasia growled tiredly as she walked. When the gates opened she had found herself, standing into an enormous cave, with many rocks and caverns formed everywhere around her.

For now she continued walking, trying with the remains of both her power and will to sense Marco. From the bracelet the Grim Reaper had given her as a birthday present, only three charms remained; the golden shining diamond, in the form of a single wing, the tiny figure of a fox, a memento from the fox spirits in Japan, and finally the rusted charm of a scythe.

"How long will I have to move?" Anastasia spoke out loud.

A little more. Something huge is ahead of us.

"I see..." Ana mumbled tiredly and continued walking.

Her balance suddenly was lost and Anastasia fell to the hard ground, hitting her head hard.

Anastasia! Auge shouted her thought and the girl, in the body of an aged woman flinched.

"I am fine...just tired." Ana tried to comfort the Angel inside her and made an attempt to get up.

But no strength was left on her pained feet. Her journey inside the Five Circles had caused her damage, both physically and emotionally. She had lost her friends and truths were uncovered. Having pass the point of no return Anastasia hoped that someone, anyone could prove her wrong, the Spirit Seer put some strength on her footing and continued.

Everything around her seemed to become solid, cold. Stones, either in the form of large tables, or simply tossed in mountains of chopped boulders were all around her. Anastasia wondered how Gedo, the one she knew that soon would appear, had imprisoned Marco.

Anastasia what are you thinking?

"I think I should call our host. I am tired of waiting." She whispered and then she turned to the emptiness around her.

"GEDO!"

The echo of her voice filled the cave but no response came.

"I know you are out there! Make us the honor and step forward!" Anastasia spoke with a tone of irony and held tightly her katana on her waist.

"Oh and I wanted to play 'cheat or treat'!" a playful voice was heard from every direction in the cave.

Gedo manifested his body right in front of Anastasia. His black trousers and hood were one thing but the mask of Guy Fawkes, which covered his face, made Anastasia almost burst into laughter. She held her mouth shut and tried to suppress a smile.

"What?"

"Seriously? 'V'? That's what you wanted to present yourself as?"

"Hey he is a cool character!"

"I know I liked the movie too. But you just like the mask not the meaning of it."

A smirk was heard from the masked man and Gedo titled his head towards her.

"Which is?"

"Freedom."

Gedo cracked up. He was finding Marco's pet quite funny. She could keep him smile, if Anastasia hadn't already brought her hand on the sword's tilt.