Chapter 7: The Carnival of the Third Circle

Anastasia

We climbed the low hill, made of hard rock and with a few dark bushes around, until I and Kachina, who was following me, reached the top and stared below us.

The trip from the ocean of the Lost Hope towards the seashore of the Third Circle was really tiring, and I am not referring only to the physical tiredness; having those evil birds screaming again and again around our ship had make me feel exhausted.

But Auge's memories were more fascinating; now I knew why Marco had that teasing nature in him and I giggled with that memory; Auge was still guiding me and my friends through the charm of the diamond wing, but her voice was not echoing to my thoughts anymore.

After we reached the land the ship disappeared and together with Persea, we realized that there were no mountains in this part of the Nether Realm; only hills and plains with some greenery, which by the way is black, but with no sign of anything living for miles and miles.

I was, on the other hand, feeling my changed body heavy as I had grown ten years ahead within a day. Sometimes I would think how Helen and Christin, my friends, were doing back home. As also, I would think how long had it been since I had come here. Since there were no stars, sun or even moon, neither I nor my spirits could determinate the day or the night.

But Kachina was using her powers, sensing the spirits, and would guide all of us through those empty plains.

"Do you see anything Otekah?"

"No Kachina, but I will have the sword ready."

Upon my words Haimei manifested the sword, a katana with black sheath, tied right on my waist, without him getting out from the bracelet.

"Thank you Haimei."

We decided to get down from the hill and follow the direction, where the charm of the wing was shining brighter. I had come up with a term for that one; Auge's feather. It was a fitting name, since it resembled her golden wings, those long beautiful wings that were strong, just like their owner.

But why Marco had given me this charm above the others, I couldn't answer that question. I only wanted to see him again, with that only hope I was moving forward and keeping on.

The plain was opening ahead of us, empty of life with the same dull black sky, hanging above us. Kachina would fly around and ahead of me, moving her head right and left, keeping her chanting words ready for use.

As a shaman, she would usually tell me about how she was using both her healing methods and the spirits' wisdom for the good of her people, before the 'white people', destroy her tribe and kill her before she manages to call upon the wind spirits and save them all.

"Kachina, shall we stop for a moment?"

"Sure."

We sat on the hard ground, breathing heavily, feeling the tiredness which was taking us down and sighed. This was another trick on this Realm; your senses would become immobilized and if you couldn't take care of yourself properly, you would collapse before you realize it.

I had stopped feeling hungry and thirsty for a while but I was trying not thinking about my needs. If I were to see myself in the mirror maybe I would look like those skinny anorexic girls, or maybe women, who don't eat in the name of beauty. And Kachina, as also the men, wouldn't comment my appearance anymore.

Since I gave up those ten years to Lu, in order to cross her domain, they had grown silent but still they would offer their strength and protection.