Chapter 8: Our days together

Marco groaned sleepily as the sun's rays rushed through the leaves. The branches were giving him a good cover but the Demon was still unaccustomed to the human morning.

"Damn that light...so bright." He mumbled and stretched his arms, while his black wings flapped once and curled again behind his back.

For Marco, it was his first time spending his night away from Hell. But judging from the fright he got after talking to the man of Scrolls and to Big L, who possessed the poor Demon, he thought that away from there he would at least be safe.

The Demon thought again and again his King's words, about how strong Auge was, how He had created her, but he couldn't stop thinking the Angel with the rare eyes in the position of the Great Queen. For a reason, he couldn't understand, Marco didn't want Auge to be a vicious creature like the Queen, breathing only to produce Hell's next offspring or Big L's children for worse.

"But how do I plant the seed of dark to her? There is no way to ask her kindly to become Hell's next Queen, unless I want my eyes plucked out." Marco spoke to himself thinking Big L's offer and smirked only to the idea of Auge attacking him.

Her eyes, her hair, everything on her had haunted him from the moment she landed in front of him. Something about her intrigued him either to kill her or tease her. And for Demon like Marco, he had survived and wounded many Angels since the moment he set foot on Earth. His red slit eyes flashed in the memories of the crying from pain Angels and he jumped from the tree he had taken cover, heading to the human settlement.

I hope she'll be there already. He thought with a tone of longing and smirked with the thought.

Instead of flying, he preferred to walk; the settlement wasn't far from his location and from the view he had from above, when he first arrived, Marco knew what was coming on his way.

In order for the settlement to have water, the humans had built their houses close to a spring, which was created from a small waterfall as the waters were gathering together, coming from the high mountains. The days were already warm, due to the middle of the summer, and the Demon couldn't have felt more disgusted for the weather than every other day.

As Marco strolled through the path the men were following on their way for hunting, a song came to his ears. It seemed to be a woman's voice, judging from the tone, and his instinct made him leave the path and head towards the direction the song was coming.

After he walked slowly through the high bushes and the tall trees, he reached the spring. The waters were pure clean and shining as the sun's rays were falling upon the crystal surface and Marco scowled from the intense light. He took cover behind one of the trees trunk and stared around the spring looking for the source of the music.

I could ravish her, if she is a nice woman. He thought playfully, like every Demon would do and crossed his hands on his chest, waiting for his chance.

Suddenly the song stopped and Marco wondered from where the woman would appear. But the surface's ripples caught his attention and locked his eyes on them.

Slowly from the crystal water, a head appeared and titled back with power. But instead of wet hair, a flow of colors were consisting the head's top, with million sparkling tones of every existing color, following the head's movement. As the body stood up, the white arms brushed the colorful flow back, just like anyone would do with wet hair.

The water's drops flowed down to her bare back and her bare chest, while the golden wings opened wildly, stretched towards the sky. The water was covering her middle and below and the Angel started again to sing, moving her hands into and out the water, playing with it.