Chapter 11: The Circle of Memories

Anastasia

The beaming white light continued to expand endlessly around us as I and Persea flew into the Fifth Circle. Around me the light shined brightly, making us unable to observe our surroundings. For me it felt like we were flying into a white void, inside a diamond while thousands of lights were beaming at us from all directions.

"Is this the Fifth Circle?" Perseus wondered out loud, but I could only nod.

I had finally come so close. I had reached my limits both physically and mentally but I could feel that I was going to touch the end of the line. The core of Nether Realm was on the other side of this circle and soon I would see him again.

Yet why was I feeling so frustrated? Were Auge's memories or maybe my fear for what I was going to see? The beautiful Angel with the melodic voice had told me that I had to hurry, that Marco wouldn't hold long.

But her memories, her powers were suffocating; how had she managed to survive 5000 years and end within me? Who had caused her that? And why the Hell was Ivan so freaking good?

"Ana watch out!"

The giant white spike appeared all of sudden before me and quickly I duck down, making a loop in the air as I did so. Perseus groaned near me as he stiffened closer to my side.

"This is the creepiest thing so far. What the hell is wrong with this place?"

"The light is trying to blind us, we should be more cautious as we pass through."

I stopped midair holding my height and twirled around, trying to find anything to step on. But no, except from the constant glimmering of the white with the contrast of the colors of the white surface around us, this place was nothing; we were flying into nothing, a void of white with no clue of our exit.

"Persea, do you sense anything?"

"No Ana and this place creeps me out."

"Me too."

The sound of cracking was heard all around us. It echoed like the breaking ice, deep and threatening just like the approaching thunderstorm at night. The ghost near me growled with attention and we moved with haste as the same white shining thorns and gigantic spikes started to appear from every direction. They were trying to block our way; by appearing on every spot anyone could imagine and judging by the speed they were popping I couldn't help but guess that this was no coincidence.

They are following us. The thought crept inside me and I fastened my flying shouting at Persea to get back into the bracelet.

"No not yet! We must find a place for you to rest!"

"There is no place to rest in this HELL! NOW GET BACK BEFORE I LOSE YOU TOO!" my scream was hysterical as we dodged another growing diamond spike.

Although we were flying, and I had my attention focused on my surroundings, I felt his sadness into my core; our auras we still connected and now his was stronger as he was the last one of my spirit friends. Perseus withdrew into the bracelet and the purple metallic surface became warmer.

Marco's gift had proven to be my only holding on sanity in this Realm. With Haimei's sword and Kachina's feather rusted, a symbol of their leave, I had only Perseus's shield, Auge's feather and Marco's silver charm of scythe, which was also rusting slowly, indicating me that maybe; just maybe, I could get out from here.

But knowing how much I had changed since my entrance in here, I doubted if I had more to live after escaping. I feared that moment but Auge's words, speaking of the urgency we were in, motivated me more on my speed.