Chapter 8: Our days together

Start from the beginning

With a strong flap, she jetted herself out from the water, curling her wings around her naked body, having her hands stretched towards the blue sky. Slowly, her body floated from midair, down and back to the water's surface; when her tiptoes touched the water's surface, the colorful flow on her head, transformed back into shiny blond hair and the whole water was painted with the millions of colors, creating thousands of rainbows on the spring's surface.

Auge's wings opened again, letting her body, empty of clothing, been hit by the strong sunrays and she ended her divine anthem, by summoning her short white chiton, with the silver clasps holding together the fabric on her shoulders, the golden sandals and belt with the pouch tied on her waist.

"Amen" she sung with her melodic voice and the colors from the waters blasted upwards.

As the colored water drops stayed on the air, like thousands of shining pearls, around Auge, they took shape forming thousands of butterflies; they flew all around the Angel and she giggled with their joy by singing more and more.

The colored butterflies flew to all directions and fell to the ground and on the trees; by doing so flowers of all colors and shapes started to form and bloom and the leaves of the trees became greener, more alive. One of the remaining butterflies flew towards Auge and she caught it; in a blink of an eye it transformed into a golden hairpin with which she tied her hair on a bun, using the glimmering golden hairpin.

A pair of daises bloomed in front of Marco's feet but they quickly withered, sensing the Demon's aura close. He was petrified; stunned by both her singing and her beauty. There was no way something so holy, so enchanting to become defiled and drown by the darkness.

In a moment Marco felt guilty, something new for him; he felt dirty and unable to withstand the miracle he had just witnessed. Deciding to leave slowly, he took a step back.

But the sudden sound of breaking made the Demon curse his luck. Auge turned to the direction she heard the breaking branch and her face changed a million of expressions; from startle to embarrassment to horror and anger. In the last one her purple eyes gained some yellow slits around her pupils and her wings moved violently.

"Fuck!" Marco pout almost scared and flew away from her.

"You!" she hissed furious and the arrow almost missed Marco's head, as Auge flew behind him.

They both landed again and Marco stretched his arms, trying to calm down the raging Angel.

"I thought it was a human!"

"And when you found out it wasn't you stayed!" Auge screamed at him and fired another arrow using the golden bow she manifested on her hands.

Marco ducked it again and made a loop in the air, putting more distance between them.

"Ok! I am sorry!" he admitted frowning with his own words, since he had never apologized before.

"Liar! A Demon never feels sorry!" Auge fired another arrow but that one found its target.

Marco growled from pain as the arrow pierced his right wing, knocking him down to the ground. He snarled as the holy arrow burnt his wound, making the pain even graver.

"Fuck! There was no need to do that!" he spoke with hasty breaths as he felt the burning from his wing reaching his spine.

Auge stepped above him and pulled the arrow in an instant making Marco shout. She undid her weapons, making them fade into thin air and the Demon quickly got up. He was still inspecting the hole, yes the round hole on his right wing, right bellow the bone, when Auge spread her palm, with her skin inches away from his black feathers.