Don't Tear us Apart

"So you did propose? Who knew the big bad ninja would do something so huge?" Dan approached us when we got home that night. Shun smiled as they touched elbows.

"Yeah man. Thanks for being there for us. Which brings me to one question; will you be my best man?" Shun's smile faded when Dan stood there, not saying a word.

"Uh, Dan? Shun asked you a question. What do you say?" Runo waved her hand in his face.

"Really? Your best man? Are you for real?" Dan asked.

"Yes man. You're my best friend, and we've been inseparable since day one. Why do you think I'm asking you?" Shun replied.

"I never thought this day would come....YAHOOOO!!!! I'M GONNA BE A BEST MAN!!!!" Dan cheered. Suddenly, Alice walks in, a note in hand.

"Magnolia, you got a death threat....." Her brows furrowed as she handed me the note. As I was reading it, my heart thumped and my eyes glistened. Oh my God.....

Don't think that just because I'm in prison, it gives you a sense of security and safety. And you're probably wondering who wrote this, well let's just say that I have eyes who have been watching you my dear Magnolia. I heard you and Ninja Boy got engaged, and you two had twins that died after birth. Well isn't that unfortunate for you? But that's not why I'm writing. Go to this address and a guy will be there to give you the details. And go alone. Burn this as soon as you're done. It's a shame I'm serving time.

~Jackson Jones~

"What's it say my love?" Shun put his hand on my shoulder, and I hid the note quickly. I didn't want him to worry.

"It's nothing.... Let's just celebrate!" I laughed nervously. I could tell Shun was questioning on what the note said, because he wouldn't stop asking me. He even tried to get me undressed just so he could read it when I wasn't looking.

Later that night, I woke up next to Shun and found myself exposed.

"Zintora... Let's go. We're leaving." I whispered as I got up quietly and put my clothes on.

"Where are we going Magnolia?" She asked me when we snuck out of the house.

"I got a note, and I have to meet a guy there. It's a lot to explain, but trust me, it's for the best if I don't." I stopped in front of the park and saw a silhouette standing in the light of the lamp post.

" I stopped in front of the park and saw a silhouette standing in the light of the lamp post

He was tall, with dark hair and clothing, and he had a mask on. I sensed he was a ninja as well.

"It's finally nice to meet your acquaintance Magnolia. Did you come alone?" He spoke. His voice was deep and scared me for a minute. I gulped and stood up straight, walking towards him.

"Of course I did. So, what plan does Jax have in store for me next?" I hid my shurikens behind my back, rubbing the sharp tips with my finger.

"First of all, put the weapons down. And second, I owed him a solid, so when he asked me to stalk you and update him on everything, I was shocked to find you had moved on so quickly. A ninja? Really?" I put my shurikens down, but hid one in my shoe.