• Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ •

Start from the beginning

Elias looked up with that same cocky smirk he wore every other time reece had seen him, taking his time before strolling towards them, Reece already out the door and down the street, heading to the destination. A random alley way, that where joe was told to meet them. Obviously he didn't know what was coming, all he knew was that he was getting another loan to pay the bills, empty promises sprouting out about paying back next time. Sadly he didn't know it yet, but time was up.

"Damnn Bibby, you must be excited. All but running down the street hmm?" Reece scowled at him, hands swinging by his sides, taking everything inside of him not to swing them right at Elias' face. But he couldn't. He was a ' valuable asset' according to his father. Valuable for what? Being a useless pain in the ass?

"Of course, I can't wait to see you pull that stupid intimidation face. Or as I like to call it ' the chronic constipation' face." Indigo snickered from behind them as Elias huffed, making an audible scoffing sound with his throat.

"Well at least I actually do something. You just stand there looking like a lost puppy who was dragged by the collar. Just because you're the boss's son doesn't mean your as hard as you think" Reece felt his hands clench into fists, keeping his eyes ahead of him, worried if he sees that ugly smirk on his face, which he can unfortunately already picture in his mind, he won't be able to control his future actions.

"Oh c'mon boys, play nice, we don't want any fighting today children" indigo pressed her hands into both of their shoulders, harsh fingernails ruthlessly digging in, pushing them slightly back as she strolled effortlessly on ahead, approaching the alley around the corner.

Reece hovered a hand over his inner pocket, feeling the edge of the knife with his hands, hoping he wouldn't need it. But he knew this game all too well, silently wishing everyday that he didn't.

Joe was standing waiting, feet shifting around in the dirt and glass that layered the alleys ground, wide eyes darting around him, as if waiting for a bird to come and snatch him. Reece guessed they were the praying birds in this situation.Predators sneaking up from behind, ready to leap into the poor defenceless prey.Joe was their selected prey today,but his brain hadn't caught on yet, so his face visibly relaxed as he seen them, hearing the glass break under their heavy footsteps.

"Joes Miller, is it?" She spoke low, but her voice had that sharp edge to it that it always had, similar to the glass beneath them, her words piercing through the air.

"Y-yep. Are you here to give me the money? Is there really need for three? I-it's usually only one." He seen Elias smirk from beside him, always a sucker for an oblivious mans confusion. It made him feel powerful, Reece would bet everything he had that he had some kind of superiority complex amongst these kind of people, that he lacked when around everyone else. It made Reece's stomach feel nauseated.

"Ahh. See that's the problem. We're here to get not give." And with that he had already lunged for the man, too scared to move for a second before he began thrashing around, a second too late.

Reece almost felt like letting him run off, cause a distraction, hold them off. But he knew better than that, the same thoughts always arose when he did this. And he always did the same thing, he ignored them.

Reece ran behind the man, grabbing his arms behind his back, watching as he struggled to get free. Like an animal thrashing about in a cage.

"Hey, this doesn't have to be so terrible joe. Just give us the money we came for, and you can walk away, without a scratch." His voice was disturbingly cold and distant, words flowing out of his mouth so fast he didn't need to think of them, he'd practiced this routine before. Fear fear fear. That was all they needed to succeed and get what they want. It was so easy, it scared him.

He could see Elias in front of the short man, twirling his knife in his hand as if it were a toy, a playful smirk on his face as he did, but everyone in the dirty alley knew the real threat behind it.

"I-I don't have it! Why do- why would I ask for a loan if I had-d money?!" His brittle voice was echoing off the bricks, hitting their ears perfectly, but it wasn't what they wanted to hear, so they didn't.

The knife was now clutched in Elias' hand, and in a Blurry flash was pressed up against the mans throat, his shoulders leaned back into Reece as his grip around the mans forearms tightened.

The man was pressing his head further and further back, hitting Reece's neck, at an oddly uncomfortable angle. A dark skinned, female hand reached out to the mans chin, holding it so delicately, soft hands a contrast to the knife against his throat. In a swift motion the hand had held his head up tight, bringing her head closer to whisper in his ear.

"You do know what happens when you don't pay, don't you? I took you for a smart man Mr. Miller, was I mistaken?" he penetrating voice was piercing through Reece's ears but he couldn't bring his hands up to cover them. Instead he had to let the voice ring through, steadily bringing forth a headache.

The man frantically nodded, well as much as he could with a sharp knife still held steady at his throat, slowly backing away as the man sucked in a breath.

"Pay up by next Thursday. Or else we'll be back, and we'll have more than one knife." Reece slowly let go of his grip on the man, watching as he scrambled back down the alley, fearful eyes on the verge of tears as they turned their backs, walking down the street as if nothing happened.

Just another day. The words were ringing in his head.

Was this what his life was going to be like? Threatening peoples whole lives and then walking away as if nothing happened.

If it was, he didn't want it. He didn't want any of this.
But his fathers words echoed in his head

You don't always get what you want.

~~
This is just a small filler chapter to show Reece's life, so I thought i would publish it to give some background :)

Also disclaimer: Reece isn't actually a full on cliche bad boy, he's really not that cruel, just stuck in a bad life.

Just because I'm writing this, does not in any way mean I approve or justify Reece's actions. It's disgusting, but unfortunately it's a realistic for people trapped in this way of life.

Thanks for reading! What did you think? I know it's a small boring chapter sorry