CHAPTER - 28

Yvette Jordan felt the manliness of Chuck Cannon after he finished his sentence. She thought that she had misheard him because this was the first time he said something like this.

Did Chuck really say that? The Chuck Cannon?

Did I hear it wrong?

"What did you say?' Yvette asked without thinking.

She had been sitting alone in the office for a long time, and no one had been consoling her. She had thought of many solutions, which included seeking the help of Big Boss, but she knew very well what would happen if she approached them.

She couldn't let her guard down, so she couldn't think of any other way.

After being in a daze for a long time, Chuck called her. She didn't want to answer it at first, but she still conceded and answered it in the end.

To some extent, Chuck's words just now touched her a little bit.

Of course, there was nothing more than this. Even if her staff comforted her at this time, she would be moved too.

"Did you face any problems? I'll help you solve them!" Chuck repeated his words.

"Forget it, there's no need for that." Yvette shook her head coldly.

It didn't matter whether his words were true or not, Yvette still doubted that Chuck could help her solve her problems. He was just trying to console her with unreliable words. If he really did try to help her, the results would be even more disappointing.

She contemplated asking Chuck to seek Zelda's assistance, but the possibility of it working was close to zero. First of all, Zelda might not know the City Square's owner; and it was not feasible to let her seek the help of others. Chuck and Zelda were probably not close enough for her to go the extra mile just to help Yvette.

Secondly, even if they knew each other, the new shop owner might also know the plaza owner. This would put Zelda in a dilemma, since she wouldn't go so far for Chuck and worsen her own situation.

She didn't want to be disappointed again if she started to feel a little hopeful.

Chuck was going to say something, but Yvette interrupted, "It's alright, I'll resolve my own problems. Go to bed early, we still have classes tomorrow. I'm hanging up."

The phone was hung up at the other end! Chuck felt helpless. He wanted to call her again, but he suddenly thought of what Zelda had said to him during the day. Could Yvonne's problem be about the shop?

Chuck gave it a thought and decided that this was probably the case.

Zelda was excellent in her field. Since she had already taken a fancy to Yvette's place, the City Square owner must have sent an ultimatum to Yvette.

Keeping this in mind, Chuck decided to send a message to Yvette under the identity of the baller.

He apologized for replying late because he's busy and asked her what had happened.

Yvette's reply came instantly. "I am facing some problems now, baller. Do you know the boss of the City Square?"

This reply confirmed his suspicion. Chuck Cannon replied, "Yes, what can I do for you?"