Bleeding Heart Part 25: "Starlight"

Hwang Hyunjin POV:

The day has finally come! March 20, me and Somi's first anniversary. I've been planning out this day for so long. I want to take her back to Balboa Park, to recreate when we first met. And since nature symbolized how we met, I'm going to take her to the Balboa Botanical Building and Lily Pond. After, I have two more surprises for her: a trip to Sunset Cliffs Bridge and a customized star map.

Dad: *pats me on the back* "Hey kiddo, you ready?" *smiles*

*nods quickly* "Yup, and also super excited." *excited tone*

Dad: *chuckles* "Good." "Somi is going to love your surprises for her." *proud tone*

*laughs nervously* "I sure hope so Dad." *worried a little*

Dad: *calm tone* "Hey, was there ever a time when Somi didn't appreciate you?" *trying to help me relax*

*Good point Dad.* "Uh..no." *shakes my head*

Dad: *smiles* "Right." "Don't worry son." "Somi's a really kind and sweet girl." "She'll still love and appreciate the things you do, even the little things." "She loves the small things too right?" *says cheekily*

*smiles and looks down* "Yeah..she really does." *nods*

Dad: "See?" *chuckles* "Now, stop being a coward." "A princess needs a confident and certain prince by her side." "Understand?" *firm tone*

*confident tone* "Yes Dad." "Now let's go!" *gets into the car*

~Fast Forward~

Now, we're here at Somi's house. *I miss my babygirl already.* *pouts a little*

Dad: *looks at me* "You go ring the doorbell son." "Go escort your princess." *winks at me* "I know you miss her." *smirks*

*How does he know?!* *a little surprised* "Ok Dad." *rings the doorbell* "Good morning Auntie!" *happy tone*

Auntie Cecille: *opens the door* "Good morning Hyunjin." "Come in." "Somi's just in her room getting her things." *points*

*nods* "Thank you." *bows a little* *knocks on Somi's door*

Somi: *giggles* "Come in JinJin." *sweet tone*

*Wow, this girl knows it's me?* *opens the door gently* *heart beats super fast* *Omg..I feel like my heart is gonna fly out of my chest.* *She's beautiful!*

Somi: *looks down shyly* "Hey mahal, stop staring at me like that

Somi: *looks down shyly* "Hey mahal, stop staring at me like that." "I may melt." *smiles slightly*

*back to my senses* "O-Oh sorry Mimi." "It's just that...you're so pretty." *kisses her hand*

Somi: *blushes* "Thank you JinJin." "You look very handsome as well." *sweet tone*

*smiles proudly* "Thanks Mimi, I know." *laughs* "Just kidding." *teasing tone*