Bleeding Heart Part 8: "Not On My Watch"

Jeon Somi POV:

It's April 20th, me and Hyunjin's first monthsary. I already prepared my first gift for him. Early in the morning, I went over to his house and made him breakfast with a little note. As much as I wanted to stay and be beside him when he woke up, I had to leave to prepare my other present for him. I hope he'll like it.

Mom: "Somi!" "Is it ready?" *excited*

*smiles* "Yes mommy." *hands her the present*

Mom: "Great, now I'll wrap it up." *takes the present from me*

*nods* "Thank you mommy."

Dad: *approaches me* "Those are some nice presents baby." "Were they expensive?"

*scratches my head* "Uh...kinda, but one was hand-crafted by me."

Mom: *chuckles* "Nice anak." "I know Hyunjin will like it."

Dad: "He better have a nice present for my anak." "She's worked hard for this day." *sarcastic tone*

"Calm down daddy." *laughs* "It's fine." *Honestly, Hyunjin is already enough.*

Hwang Hyunjin POV:

"What smells so-" *gasps* "Is that bacon?!" I wake up to find a delicious looking breakfast on a tray: bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, juice, and some fruit, my favorite things to eat for breakfast. "Who did this?!" *sees a little note* *reads it* *Oh..I recognize that beautiful handwriting.*

Note:

Good morning mahal! Happy 1st monthsary. I hope you enjoy your breakfast I made for you. I wanted to stay, but I needed to prepare my other gift for you. ;) If you think that I'm the nicest girlfriend because I treated you nice in the last month, don't be a fool. You have just seen the girlfriend version, not the wife version of me. You kept doing terrible injustice with me for the entire month. You have stolen sleep from my eyes & replaced that with daydreaming. You have to pay for this when we meet later. But seriously, I love you so much and thank you for everything! Happy monthsary!

XOXO,

Somi <3<3<3

*blushes* "Aww." *Gosh, I really love this girl.* *She's perfect.* I have a gift for Somi too. I hope she'll like it, but I'm gonna pretend I forgot our monthsary. I think she'll forgive me when I show her my gift, but right now, I'm gonna enjoy the best breakfast ever.

~Fast Forward~

Mom: "Is your guitar all tuned up?" *approaches me*

*nods* "Yes mom, I've been practicing since last week." "I'm ready." *smiles confidently*

Dad: *smiles proudly* "That's great kiddo." "My son sure is a great gentleman." "Somi sure is lucky."

*chuckles* "No dad, I'm the lucky one." *smiles* "Anyways let's go meet up with Somi's family."

Author POV:

Somi and Hyunjin's family meet up at Mira Mesa Community Park. Luckily, it was almost night so there were barely any people there. The parents chatted and ate, while Somi and Hyunjin went to the playground.

Somi: "*relaxed tone* Ahh...the cool breeze feel nice." *feels the breeze*

Hyunjin: *smiles at her cuteness* "Yeah, I'm glad there aren't any kids here."

Somi: *smiles back* "Yeah, so we can have some privacy." "Did you like the breakfast by the way baby?" *hopeful*

Hyunjin: *gasps* "Oh yeah, I loved it." *kisses her cheek*