Bleeding Heart Part 15: "Special Day"

Jeon Somi POV:

Sure, I'm someone who takes a while to come around to expressing my feelings that way, but when you say "I love you" to someone, then hopefully it's a conversation you're both excited about. Telling someone you don't feel that way about them, however, is almost never going to be easy. But sometimes, you just have to say it. It's not easy, but it's definitely better than letting someone believe something you don't actually feel just to avoid an awkward conversation. Hyunjin and I told both situations to each other, and we were totally cool with it. Now, it's Hyunjin's birthday, August 16. I'm planning to surprise him by preparing a little dinner with just my family and his. Hyunjin's a very sociable person, but on special occasions, he's not too big on grand gatherings and justs wants to spend them with our two families only.

*approach my mom* "Mommy, can we go to Hyunjin's house now please?" "I can distract him for you, while you, Daddy, Tita Chesa, and Tito Armando set up the tables and food." *excited tone*

Mommy: *nods* "Sure anak." "Good idea."

*Yes!* *happy* "Ooh wait, I also have a list of his favorite foods and his favorite color is blue by the way." *gives her my list*

Mommy: *looks at it then nods* "Good work anak." *rubs my head*

Daddy: *approaches us* "Ok let's go?" *looks at me*

*eager* "Yeah!" *smiles*

~Fast Forward~

*sees Hyunjin* "Hi mahal!" *waves to him*

Hyunjin: *walks to me* "Hey babygirl!" *hugs me and kisses my head* "You look beautiful today, just like every other day." *flirty tone*

*hugs him back* "Happy birthday JinJin!" *happy tone*

Hyunjin: *giggles* "Thank you love!" *strokes my hair*

*giggles* "What do you want to do today?" "It's your special day!" *curious*

Hyunjin: *thinking* "Mmm..not much." *calm tone*

*a little surprised* "Wait, what do you mean?" *confused*

Hyunjin: *looks down* "I-I just want to spend time with you, if that's alright." *shyly says*

*smiles* *Aww, this boy is so cute at times!* "Sure JinJin, if that's what you want." "But are you sure you don't want anything more?" "Like what about your gifts?" *bubbly tone*

Hyunjin: *calm tone* "I don't need anything, just you." "As long as I have you, my birthday will be the best one yet." "You're my birthday wish come true babygirl." *winks at me*

*blushes* "Well, what else do you want?" "Because I'm already yours, what are your next two wishes?" *giggles*

Hyunjin: *chuckles* "I want to request a silly birthday dance with you later." *smiles at me*

*smiles back* *There you go mahal!* "Ok sure!" "I can totally give you that!" "What's your last one?" *interested to know*

Hyunjin: *pulls me close to him* "Can you kiss me on the cheek so I can at least say a cute girl kissed me tonight on my birthday?" *cute tone*

*giggles* "But that's easy mahal." *kisses him on the cheek* "See?" "Wish for something a little greater." "I'm your genie for the night." "Can I make your birthday wishes come true?" *gladly asks*

Hyunjin: *Aww. She's so cute!* *How can she be this adorable?!* "You're so beautiful that your birthday should be a national holiday." "Are you a birthday cake?" "Because you are so sweet." *winks at me*