Bleeding Heart Part 24: "The Question"

Jeon Somi POV:

Now, it's February 14th, or Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is traditionally thought of as a holiday to celebrate romantic relationships. But when someone asks me about what the day means to me, I directly say it's about honoring your tribe of friends and family. My first instinct is to be jaded about a forced "greeting card" holiday designed to sell cards, flowers and candy, and before long, I'm thinking about how the Church made stuff up to usurp yet another pagan tradition. However, then I take a deep breath and use the day as a reminder to be thankful for the ones I love and to make sure they know I love them. To cherish the ones who give you hope and joy. Today, I'm planning to give Hyunjin a DIY project I crafted. This morning, I already wrote a poem for him and attached it to Scout's collar for him to receive when he wakes up. Hyunjin already informed me that he has a surprise for me today also. Hopefully, this day will go well.

Mommy: "Anak, come here." *ushers me*

*curious* "What is it mommy?"

Daddy: *comes in* "Hyunjin came over while you and Mommy dropped off your poem and he set up a little scavenger hunt for you to do at home." *smiles*

*excited* *No way!* "What?!" "Really?!" *happy tone*

Daddy: *nods* "Yep." "Here's the first card you start with he said." *hands me a card*

Card:

To: Somi, My Beautiful Future Wife. Mimi, Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I made a special memory hunt just for you. You're about to embark on a wild goose chase. So get started and pick up your pace. Your sweetheart will be the handsome chauffeur. He knows all the answers so if you get stuck, look to him.

*turns the card over*

Back Side:

Mimi, follow these places to find the clues:

#1: Flower Lamp

#2: Coffee Table

#3: Kitchen Table

#4: Stove

#5: Bathroom Sink

#6: Bed

#7: Closet

Then, write the answers on the extra blank cards I gave you. Put them together turned over and read. By the time you're done, my dad will pick you up for our Valentine's Day date. Have fun babygirl! I love you. See you soon.

Love, your Handsome Future Husband Hyunjin <3

*flustered* "Aww..this is so cute!" "This'll be fun!" *walks to my flower lamp* *sees a card hidden underneath it* *reads it*

Card: Clue #1

You found me! Remember the day we first met babygirl? Here's the polaroid you took of us before we said goodbye. I loved the unique way you giggled, and I love it even more to this day. Flowers are where we first met. Roses are red, violets are blue. My heart began to beat when I first saw you. Now, turn me over for a riddle to solve and get your first answer.

*turns the card over*

Back Side:

When I first met you, I couldn't stop staring at your (_ _ _ - s).

*sees our polaroid* *Aww look at us!* *I love you so much JinJin.* *Anyways, he couldn't stop staring at my....* *gasps* "Eyes!" "But minus the 's', so the answer is 'I'." *writes down 'I' on one of the blank cards* "Ok, the next clue is near the coffee table." *walks to the coffee table* "Where is it?" *sees it underneath a chocolate chip cookie* *reads it*