Forty-Eight: One Last Night

.დ.❧.

We walked back to his home, hand in hand, and I rested my head against his arm. I closed my eyes, smiling to myself as I enjoyed this moment.

Ridge stopped when we got to the back part of the alpha homes. He stared at the house, a deep scowl on his face.

I studied the way his face pinched. He didn't want to go in. He didn't want to go into the place he'd felt he betrayed me with Molly. I could understand that.

Glancing at the home, I pursed my mouth to the side and suddenly thought of something. I grinned a bit, looking up at Ridge and rested my chin on his bicep.

"Hey..." I waited for him to blink a few times, finally turning to look at me.

Leaving no room to argue, I told Ridge that I wanted to take a shower. He stared at me until those eyes flickered to the shimmering gold when I peered up at him through my lashes that I wanted him to join me.

A purred growl came out of the alpha and I grinned at him.

Ridge took my hand again, leading me inside the house.

I looked around, raising a brow as I noticed how extravagant the decor was. I frowned in distaste at the tacky throw pillows that didn't even match the zebra print couches.

Molly had weird taste...

At the top of the stairs, Ridge halted and looked at the hallway we stood in. I studied him again, wondering what he was doing before he muttered that he didn't want to go into his room.

Ah. Yes. I could understand why.

I kissed his bicep and when he looked at me, I asked if Ridge had another shower. He nodded, leading us down the hall to the very end.

Ridge opened the door to what he said was an extra room in the house. It was pretty much empty other than the simple bed and dresser inside. But there was an full bathroom and that was all I cared about.

I looked around the bathroom that was quite spacious despite this being the guest room. Ridge had told me to wait here and went to get some towels.

Looking in the mirror, my nose scrunched at the atrocious reflection looking back at me. I scoffed that I couldn't believe Ridge would want to kiss me looking like this.

Turning away, I went over to the transparent glass doors of the shower. My hand slid the door open and admired the clean white set up.

I looked down at the blanket wrapped around me and hesitated before letting it drop at my feet. Turning my hands over, I felt that being clean was more important than feeling self-conscious about how I looked.

After stepping into the shower and turning the knob to get the temperature just right, I leaned forward for the water to hit my face. I sighed, the heat feeling so good against my skin and I already felt the dirt and blood washing away.

I opened my eyes as I looked at the floor, the water swirling down the drain was stained a brown-red. The white floor of the shower only deepened the color of the dirty water.

My gaze switched to the glass doors, meeting the alpha's as he stood there with towels in his hands. His green eyes narrowed, flickering with some gold. 

I grinned, giving my alpha a Siren Call of my own. The growl I sent his way had Ridge shut his eyes and shiver. When he snapped his eyes open, his lip curled, a devilish grin on his lips.

Ridge tossed the towels on the counter and walked to the door of the shower. I met him there, soaked from the heated water. 

My hands reached over, sliding down his chest to the hem of his shirt and slipped my fingers underneath. Ridge growled, letting my hands wander up.