Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Storm

Hey, Laura WickdBitchh

You can cry now.

Xoxo Always,

SAMiAMiz

.დ.❧.

Those in the pack were rushing up to congratulate both Ridge and I on the challenges won and on being mates. They gushed how rare it was for us to find our True Mates but when found, it was like nothing ever imagined. 

Ridge's weak grin at the pack's pointed look his way made me wrap my arm around his. I smiled, kissing his bicep which settled him a bit. I didn't want for the pack to be upset with Ridge of what happened before. I'm more than sure Ridge has made up for the past in more ways than one. 

As the new alpha, Ridge was being swarmed and given respected praises, my family joining in on the excitement. 

I stood in the background watching everyone's spirit lift from the overbearing drama from before. It was something I had always been grateful for; living in a place like Carmel where its pack was welcoming and respected their alpha family, whom in turn was respectful of them. 

Eh... You know... for the most part.

I tilted my head, laughing lightly when Cody leaped onto the back of Ridge to ruffle the alpha's hair. Other joined in the merriment, watching the alpha playfully growl and try to wrestle Cody off him. 

"Daaaaaaamn, Gigi. He sure did a number on you, huh?" Eden had approach me. She looked me up and down while whistling and standing beside me.

I nudged Eden's side. She grinned that she was just joking. Her face softened, brows furrowed a bit as she asked how I was feeling. I loved how concerned she was despite my claiming I was alright. Eden narrowed her eyes, giving me a small grunt but relented. 

As we looked at our pack members in a mini celebration here in the arena, Eden suddenly frowned. I glanced at her, lowering a brow before she scrunched her nose and grumbled, "Does this mean I have to call you 'alpha' now?"

I laughed. Eden mumbled that she was kind of being serious. Still giggling, I wrapped an arm around my best friend's neck. Resting my head against hers, I sighed with a grin that 'no' Eden would not have to call me 'Alpha'. She was an exception because she was my best friend---and always had been family. 

Pursing my lips and looking upward, I squinted, "Mmm... Ridge on the other hand..."

Eden groaned. She sighed, wrapping her arm carefully around my waist. My best friend let out a dramatic sigh. "And here I was thinking I was off the hook with that one."

Though I knew she was joking, I did explain to her that she could get away with not calling me 'alpha' but that it was lack of respect to Ridge if she didn't. 

Eden nodded, "Yeah, yeah... I get it. Now you can live the picture perfect life you deserve, Gigi." She smiled at me though I lowered my gaze to the ground. Pursing my mouth to the side, I thought about that. Sure, I was happy but I was still worried about the dynamic between Ridge, myself... and Molly.

"What's wrong?" Eden asked, pointing out that I looked a little disappointed. 

Shaking my head, I softly grinned, shrugging a shoulder and explained how Ridge and I could be together now, sure, and the visiting alpha would not be taking me away from Carmel.

"But that still leaves the fact that Molly's pregnant." 

We stood quiet, our heads bent together. Eden sighed before telling me to look on the bright side because at least I had Ridge now. Eden told me that she empathized with me on how it may be difficult seeing the baby when it was born and growing up but that I had to realize this child would be as much of Ridge as it would be of Molly. And with the baby to be a huge part of Ridge's life, I would be too.