Thirty-Two: Connection

.დ.❧.

A month. That's how long it's been since I was banished from Carmel and ended up with Iota, Vicky, and Emory. 

It has also been exactly a month since Iota started working with me to control my human emotions to act as the reigns for my wolf whenever she wants to take over. If I let her, that is.

I do have to admit it's quite strenuous work Iota puts me through.

Most of the time, the silver-blonde haired woman did this by taunting me with my past memories of when Molly used my friendship, had wedged her way between Ridge and I, claimed to be pregnant, and then my banishment. Yeah, being reminded of those things over and over again just to piss me off kinda takes its toll.

I think within the past sessions I have almost clawed out Vicky's eye every time. As someone who had been given training growing up, she volunteered to fend me off if I lose control. Which I have. Multiple times.

During my sessions, Emory wasn't allowed around me. 

Iota had informed me that because Emory had committed not one, but two murders, that dark part was already in his system. Iota feared seeing me lash out in front of the eight year old and unintentionally awaken the Quail Wolf side within him. 

I honestly was still trying to get used to this whole Quail Wolf-Human emotional dynamic, to be honest. 

Iota kept saying it was going to be a while for me to understand it, as well as herself, because of my species of wolf being so rare... and dangerous.

"They are unpredictable at times, Gigi. At least according to the book's owners." Iota told me one night when Emory and Vicky were already turned in for the night. We stayed out by the fire, talking about my training. "But as I mentioned before you have an advantage with your compassion. I feel like you can overcome this dilemma. But first... you have to stop fighting it."

It was frustrating to say the least when all I was doing this whole time was putting my all into "not fighting" myself. But Iota keeps saying that I am.

Like now during another training session in the depths of the forest---about a mile from the campsite--- where the she-wolf is scolding me again.

"Stop fighting it, Gigi!"

My fists were curled at my sides, the agitated tingles coursing through my veins. I rolled my shoulders back, shaking my head and let out a frustrated, "I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!" she snapped back, now taking her turn to stand in front of me---we've labeled this the "danger zone" since I'd usually get out of hand at this point whenever Vicky was about an arm's length from me. Iota was even closer today.

I could see Vicky from the corner of my eye now more alert. The blonde took a few steps closer but stopped when Iota held out her hand towards her sister, her eyes still on me.

"Fight it!" Iota ordered.

The trembles was beginning to kick in. It felt like a wave of heat was seeping through my pores like lava. My body going from warm to hot in a second. It started out painful but then I became numbed to it, still able to feel the pulsing of it inside. 

My teeth clenched so tightly my jaw was starting to hurt.

Breathing deeply through my flaring nostrils, I shook my head trying to block out her scolding. Iota kept at it though, using my past experiences to push me to my wits end. 

I shook my head again growling at her to cut it out! That I was not fighting it and that I had enough!

Iota began circling me. I could hear her footsteps though my eyes were closed. It only enhanced my hearing. She continued taunting me as she made her way around me.