Twenty-Three: Forest Revelations

.დ.❧

"I'm so afraid of never being this way with you again," he whispered against my ear. I could feel his lips on my bare shoulder, his arms still wrapped tightly and pulling me back against him.

A small grin etched onto my face, humming in agreement. I giggled over our little secret shared here at the creek again. 

I had snuck out the house the moment everyone was occupied for the night. I had let them know I was going to bed and that I'd see them in the morning. Today's draining dilemma was sufficient enough when I said how worn out I was. 

"Goodnight, Button," my dad sighed, hugging Mom closer to him. They had the fireplace on and just sat in the dark lit living room. They both looked at me and though they were trying to keep up appearances, I knew they were hurting.

Sawyer and Cece were in her room doing whatever Sawyer and Cece did in her room. I wasn't keen on knowing my sister's intimate moments. 

My little brother and Nikko had been outside for almost an hour now. They were sitting on the porch stairs the last I saw them.

Nikko had been thrown out of the alpha's house by his dad after the agreement that was made. It took some time for Mom and Dad to console Nikko and they assured him that he was more than welcome to stay with us. Indirectly, my parents told the former Beta that he was our family now. I don't think Cody could have been more happy, even if it was a bittersweet moment.

Wade a different matter. 

My older brother was in his room when I passed by it to head to my room. The door was open and he was lying on his back on the bed with his head large headphones on his head. Wade's music was on such a high volume, I could hear the muffled words from here---even if I wasn't a Werewolf.

With his eyes on the ceiling, and his arms behind his head, Wade sensed someone watching him. His head turned slightly, seeing me standing in the doorway.

I offered a small grin, and my brother just stared for a moment. And then looked away to the ceiling entirely. 

I internally sighed, understanding Wade was not really angry at me, but for me. And it was killing him that he couldn't do anything to stop the other alpha from taking me tomorrow.

Closing my bedroom door, I listened out for my family in case they attempted to pass my room. I didn't hear anything indicating they would be bothered to come check on me.

I turned around, grabbing a sweater to yank on then quickly headed to the window. This was a familiar scenario from a month or two ago and I huffed under my breath. 

I climbed onto the edge of the roofing, inching over to sit on the edge before sliding my way down the side. Peering over my shoulder, I pushed off the side of the house in a big leap. I ended up rolling onto the ground.

I laughed lightly, shaking my hair out of any grass in it then pushed myself up to brush off any grass on my backside. It was a little difficult to tell in the dark so I shrugged it off and headed for the clearing.

I had to go around the long way since Cody and Nikko would have spot me from where they were on the porch. Talk about Deja Vu.

The walk to the clearing was quiet other than a few crickets I could hear chirping away. I entered the forest after looking around for anyone outside and then made the fifteen minute walk to where I could already hear the gurgling water from the creek.