See ya soon! {P A T T O N}

TW: Mentions of overdose, Depression, Anti depressants, Intention to commit suicide, Death, Falling Off A Roof, Neglecting someone in a relationship, Mentions of car accident

AU: Human, same universe as Eleven PM.

Ship: LAMP

Third Person POV

Click..'Hey Patton! It's me, your knight in shining armor, Roman. We just wanted to call and tell you it'll be another few days...this trip has us really busy but trust us, it'll be amazing for us, for all of us. The business is really starting to take off!...Salutations, my dear. It appears this is taking longer than we origanally anticipated, and I apologize. The requests have been getting high as of late, and we simply cannot do them from home. I love you very much, and I miss you....Hey Pat! It's me, Virgil. I love you, I just thought you should know. We're super duper sorry that it's taking so long, but we keep getting call-ins. I love you so so much, see ya soon!...' Click.

That voice message played on repeat as Patton layed in his bed, just trying not to think 'bad thoughts' His boyfriends had promised they'd only be gone for a week, yet they had extended the trip four times. They'd been gone for five and a half weeks. And this was the fourth trip this year.

Patton felt very lonely. He couldn't have Janus or Remy over, they were in the hospital from an accident a while back, Remus was in Europe, and Emile was Logan, Roman, and Virgil's manager. He worried that his boys were angry with him, and were extending the trip on purpose, which was far from the truth, but he didn't know that.

He hadn't slept in a while, due in large part to the fact that he's dealt with nightmares his entire life. He stopped having them or they got less scary when he and his boyfriends started sleeping in the same room, but now they weren't there. Patton also didn't sleep well because he was constantly worried about why they extended the trip, what could happen to them.

That voice message had been left just a few days prior, and suddenly Patton got a phone call. He answered it, putting it on speaker.

'Patton, my love, we have the greatest news!' It was Roman.

"Hmm?"

'We get to come home in two days!'

"Nice."

'The best part is- wait did you just say 'nice' in response to us being able to come back? Are you okay?'

"Hmm? Oh yeah I'm fine, I'm just a bit tired."

'Aww, then get some rest. Bye!'

"I love-"

He hung up.

Patton sighed and set his phone down on his bed. I mean, the tired thing wasn't a lie. It just wasn't the entire truth.

Two days later, they were all home. Instead of participating in the welcome home date Patton spent three hours planning, they just said 'I'm tired' and went to bed.

Patton was led to think they were still upset with him, or they'd fallen out of love with him, or they had never loved him, or he was a burden...

Logan's POV

When we woke up, we noticed Patton hadn't come to sleep last night. We walked out to the living room, and saw papers scattered on the table. Who made such a mess? I picked one up and read it. Date ideas..he had spent such a long time planning for us and we simply passed him off.

"Guys." Came Virgil's voice from the kitchen. Roman and I walked in, to see Patton. He was sitting, asleep, at the island, his head down on the counter and facing us. He would look cute, if there wasn't tear tracks on face, and a bottle of anti-depressants near him.

"Patton.." Oh no. "Is he alive?" Roman said, rushing over and picking him up bridal style. We brought him quickly to the living room, and laid him down on the couch. "Come on, Pat, wake up!" I said. He slowly stirred. "Guys..?"

"Oh thank goodness!" I said, wrapping him in a hug. "We thought you overdosed!" He tensed up a bit. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about it.."

I pull away and look him in the eyes. "What?" "I was going to...but I decided against it." "Pat, why?" Virgil says, sitting down next to Patton. "I just...haven't been feeling the best lately. You guys keep leaving and promising you'll be back soon, and then you're gone for months. And then I spent forever planning something nice but..you know what, it's fine...I'm fine." He jumps up off the couch and runs into our room.

Roman immediately goed after him. "Patton, open the door. Don't do anything...please...Patton."

After a few agonizing moments of us trying to open the door, Virgil breaks it down.

We run and search the room, but he's nowhere to be seen. Until I look out the window.

"Patton, get over here."

"Please, get off the roof."

"No, don't take any steps further!"

"Please!"

"Roman-"

"Help!"

"Patton...."

Here lies
Patton Alex Hearte
A friend,
A boyfriend,
A kind soul.
1989-2020
May he Rest in Piece.

Word Count: 874 including this