Hitting {L O G A N}

TW: Small Panic Attack, Forgetting a Safeword, Accidental Triggering Memories of Abuse, Past Abusive Relationship, Mentions of Unsympathetic! Emile Picani, Crying, Yelling, Last Timeskip spoils end of Hamilton.

AU: None

Ship: Logince, Dukexiety, Past Logan x Emile

Third Person POV

Logan and Roman had been dating for years now. They we're happy and content, and just like any other couple in the mind palace. Except, they had a safeword. It wasn't the one they used in sexual situations, but different.

Roman, being the prince he is, tends to be a bit physical. And despite the fact that he was a total soft top, that doesn't mean he's weak.

Their safeword is for either of them, but mostly Logan, to say if the hitting was going too far. And it usual never did, mostly just a smack in the face if someone was being particularly annoying or oblivious, or a punch in the arm if they said something strange.

None of that would usually bother anyone, but today, Logan was having remembrances of the time that he had been with Emile. Emile had been abusive, mainly emotionally and mentally, but there were times where Logan was kicked, or punched, etc. And Roman either wasn't hearing him, or had forgotten what the safeword was.

The sides were all sitting in the living room early morning, watching TV, when Logan commented on how one of the points made in the cartoon made no sense.

"Oh hush, calculator watch!" Roman said, punching him in the arm. Logan winced as he remembered Emile. "Treehouse." He said, but Roman didn't react at all. Odd, the one other time it had been used, two years prior, he had immediately apologised. Maybe he had just silently taken it upon himself not to hit Logan.

Timeskip brought to you by Crofters The Musical + Hamilton's Nonstop = Legendary

Later that afternoon, Logan and Roman walked into the kitchen in hopes to get some Crofters but we're met with Virgil and Remus making out. Roman squealed, he always shipped his brother with the emo. The duke and the raccoon walked out.

"Bleh." Logan said, in a joking manner. "Logan! It's cute!" He pushed his boyfriend, the nerdy one hitting his arm on the fridge. Tears pricked the boy's eyes, not enough to show, but significant. "Treehouse." He said, louder than he had before. Roman raised an eyebrow, but didn't react any further.

Timeskip brought to you by how Roman would geek out over Hamilton om Disney+

They were filming some scenes, and were currently breaking. Roman was bopping to 'Best Of Both Worlds' when Logan said "I have been cursed with seeing my boyfriend dance. What shall I do?" As a joke. Roman gasped in mock offense, and promptly walked over to Logan and gave him a light smack on the face, just hard enough to leave a tiny red mark.

Logan felt his throat choke up, and he just said "Treehouse." Quietly enough for the two of them to hear. Roman just returned to his spot as Logan wondered, facing away with tears in his eyes, why Roman had constantly continued to hit him after he safeworded multiple times today. After breakfast, in the kitchen, during lunch, when they were getting ready, and now here. Tears spilled from his eyes, and let out an almost silent whimper before wiping them and facing back.

Timeskip brought to you by the sigh of relief that sounded like a scream at the end of Hamilton

Roman was looking for Logan, yet couldn't find him anywhere. He was going to just sink out to him, but came across his brother and Virgil, who were adorably cuddling in the commons, first. "Have either of you seen Logan?"

They shook their heads. "Not since he sunk out after filming. He looked kinda sad and uncomfortable, dont'cha think?" Remus said. "I don't know, I wasn't paying much attention." "You should've been!" Began Virgil. "What's been different or weird about him today?"

Roman thought. "Not much. He kept spacing out and saying 'Treehouse' a bunch today." Virgil's eyes widened and he shot up immediately. "Isn't Treehouse your safeword for hitting?!" Roman's face twisted to reflect his emo friend's "Well shit."

The boy sunk out to wherever Logan's location was, and he found himself in the room his boyfriend used to sleep in. Back when he was still with Emile.

He saw the whimpering creature sitting in a ball in the corner, his head in his knees and his arms pressed to his ears as the waterfall of tears streamed down his face like syrup. Carefully walking over, he placed his hand on Logan's shoulder. The nerd looked up, and backed away, seeing who it was.

"D-Do not, hi-hit me!" He said. Roman's expression could be labeled only as guilt. "I won't hit you, I promise. I forgot the safeword on the one day you needed it, I fucked up." Logan eased a bit at that, but still continued to press himself against the wall, away from Roman.

"If you don't want me to touch you I won't. But I need you to breathe. You are with me. You are not with him. It was never your fault and never will be. Okay?" Logan gave a hesitant nod and began to breathe, his breath was shaky and uncertain. He tapped to fingers to his lips, indicating he wanted Roman to kiss him.

The two both knew that kissing forced you to hold your breath, and that once they released from the kiss that was full of patience, reassurance, and forgiveness that Logan would be able to breathe at lease a bit better.

Roman cupped the face of the boy he had wronged that day, continuing to offer a sense of security as Logan pulled away.

Luckily, he had calmed quite a bit, and though he was still sobbing, he could breathe, and at least he was sobbing in Roman's arms.

Word count: 997 including this