Prompt Request {V I R G I L}

TW: Minor Self Harm (Pinching), Selective Mutism, Momceit, DadRemus, slightly unsympathetic! Light sides other than Virgil, unsupportive 'friends'

Prompt: "He's nonverbal, you fuckers!"

AU: None

Ship: Demus, respective familiar Anxceitmus

Sign language

Woohoo a few kinds of panic attacks, and the two that are important in this chapter!!

1. Full On: Most known. Shaking, crying, vulnerable, could be or could not be aware of situation and surroundings, shortness of breath.

2. Fidgeting: Always has to be moving, indecisive, quickened breathing, from person to person possible purposeful/accidental harming to self. Ex, Virgil tapping on the folder/paper when Logan asked if he was okay whilst they were in Patton's room.

3. Internal/NONVERBAL: Could be either or both. Internalizing panic, becoming quiet if not entirely nonverbal, from person to person could do something to hide themselves, from person to person possible disassociating. Ex, almost any time someone says or does something towards Virgil, and he puts his hood up and looks away.

Varies from person to person! These are only a few different kinds of more recognisable panic attacks, and the two in bold are the ones important to this oneshot.

Virgil's POV

Being the embodiment of anxiety, I tend to have anxiety and panic attacks, duh. But I also take a lot of anxiety away from Thomas. This has caused multiple differences between the other light sides and me, one example is that I am extremely sleep-deprived, and another is that Re and Jan are very overprotective of me. They are more dads to me than Patton!

Another thing my anxiety brings on me is selective mutism. I talk, yeah, but only when only people I trust can hear me. So you can imagine how anxious I was when I first started living with the light sides. The dark sides always accepted me as one of them, even back when I didn't talk to them. They let me sign and use writing, and I really appreciated that. Though, when I get panicky, I usually stop talking all in all.

But the light sides were not so accepting. Patton and Logan tried, I think, but Roman just didn't either understand or care. It's not something I can just be like 'Oh, yeah. Thanks for saying hi to me or whatever, I trust you completely now.' But he doesn't understand that. He gets frustrated and annoyed when I don't answer him, or I answer on paper or with sign language. They all know sign, they just want me to talk, even though I've told them it takes time.

Thomas makes me talk on camera, but thankfully, he is accepting. When we film my lines, he makes everyone leave the room, and lets Janus help me film them. I couldn't ask for a better host.

Enough explaining, onto the actual story.

I sat at the table, drinking coffee after having another sleepless night of eating hot cheetos and drinking unsweetened tea at the island in the kitchen, and scrolling through my phone. After a bit, Patton comes out. "Hey there kiddo!" He says.

Hello P-A-T-T-O-N. I sign. He hesitantly nods. "Did you sleep well?" I nod. "Mhm. What are you drinking?" 'Coffee.' "Listen, Anxiety. You know that I accept and support you, but you really have to talk. We know you can. It's not that hard! You can do it."

I glare at him and shake my head. "Well why not?" 'I don't trust you guys enough.' He sighs. "You still have to talk. I don't trust your friends, Remus and Deceit, but I talk to them." 'Its different. I'm anxiety, and don't you think that means I have anxiety?' He just sighs again and walks away.