Prompt Request {R E M U S}

Prompt: "Don't...Don't leave me!"

TWs before split ending: Bad/Toxic relationship, Abandonment, Over thinking, Slight Self-Depracating thoughts, Remus being Remus (Eating deodorant) Snek being a bish

AU: None

Ship: Former Anxceitmus, Current Demus.

Remus' POV

I sat at the counter, my head down in my arms. Janus was accepted by the light sides, does that mean he's gonna go to them? Just like..he...did? It all started out this way! First, the light sides accepted Virgil. Then he started to hang out with them more, before breaking up with Janus and I and moving to the light sides. He even told them his name after he was with them, Janus already told them!

He's gonna leave me, and move in with them. I'm never gonna see him again just like Virgil and they're gonna forget me and nobody will need me and nobody will like me and-

"Hey!" I'm cut off in my head by someone trying to get my attention. I look up, and there stands none other than mister light side himself. "What..?" I ask, and notice how tired my voice sounds from sobbing.

"Hey, are you okay, Ree? What's going on?" "Nothing." I try to assure him, but he keeps pushing. "No, I taste a lie. What aren't you telling me, babe?"

I look away from him, only to have him step forward and pull my chin towards his face, kissing me. "Babe, what's wrong?" He asks again when we pull away. I shake my head, looking away again. I don't want to tell him, I don't want to seem weak.

He sighs in defeat, knowing he'll get nothing out of me, and goes to his room. I sit there and eventually begin sobbing again, so I decide to try and calm down by having a snack. Believe it or not, sides need to eat too. If we don't, the same thing happens as it does to humans.

I summon some deodorant, and start eating it, when Janus comes out of his room in normal clothes. "Where are you going, Jan?" I ask, trying to hide any evidence that I'm still slightly crying. "To hang with the light sides." I drop my food. This is it, it's starting. He's gonna keep hanging out with them, and then he's gonna break up with me, and leave me alone, and go live with them, and forget me, and they'll all have fun without me, and he'll get back together with Virgil, and never see me again, and-

I feel a hand on my back. "Hey, hey, calm down sugar. What's got you in the dumps?" I didn't even notice that I was sobbing again. Man, all day has been a tear fest for me. Should I tell him? No. But he can taste lies. Might as well.

"You're..You're gonna hang out with- with them, a-and break u-up with me and move- move in with them and for-forget me, and le-leave me- me alone here, and- and you and Virgil will- will get together with-without me!" I spill all my worries to him. "Oh, sugar, I would never leave you! Promise. I'm just going to hang out for an hour, okay, and then I'll be back." He gives me a kiss, and a boop on the nose, and he's gone.

He would never lie to me, right? Never, ever? He told me he wouldn't. Yeah, he wouldn't. He'll be back in an hour, and he won't leave again.

Right?

Wrong.

Almost everyday, he would leave, say he'd be gone for an hour, and return past midnight. "I'm gonna go hang out with the light sides!" He said, walking out the door. "I'm gonna hang with the light sides, K?" He asked, walking away. "Hey, Imma go hang with the light sides." He said, going where he said he was. "Hey, Ree! Imma go hang with the light sides now." He said, opening the door, and walking out. "Hey, babe, I'm gonna go hang out with the light sides for like an hour." He said, scooting down the hall. "Hey. Remus. Im gonna go-" "-Hang with the light sides." I grumbled. "Yep!" And he walked out.