Race Against the Heroes

Izuku POV:

After everyone came together, I began quieting everyone down. "So what's going on that we had to be called together like this?" Dabi was rather irritated and wanted to know in particular. Nighteye took the lead in this. "About four hours ago, an operation was made to take on a villain that had ties to a man called Nine. He is a criminal that had once worked hand and hand with AFO. Unfortunately, he became rather greedy and took an unstable version of All For One that was in an experimental stage." Toga raised her hand in curiosity. "Why did AFO create another version of his quirk?" Aizawa spoke up this time knowing more about this than Nighteye. "Midoriya's father had done a few secretive projects with hopes to better humanity. He believed that if he could understand what his quirk does to the body to keep them from continually producing the enzyme for the quirk factor, maybe he can find a way to alter how some children's brains that are unable to produce a quirk react to this and help them remain normal as the eyes of society sees it. Obviously, this was one of his less successful projects that ended with an unstable version of his quirk."

Togata raised his hand next. "So who's this Nine guy?" "His real name is Wakaranai Namae. However, he's now more commonly known as Nine. He was a great scientist who like some unfortunately admired the raw power of AFO over the safety of people. As we could tell, he was able to do some digging and find out he was compatible with AFO to some degree. Sadly this isn't as well as the Underworld Hero's or Midoriya's to a point it makes him severely weaker doing this. Currently, he has 9 quirks in total." "Another AFO quirk? That's scary." Kendo points this out seeing the level of destruction I can do without holding back with the power to do such destructive things in the hands of a monster. "So what's the plan?" Ryukyu wasn't happy about this knowing what we'll most likely do. "I don't like this, but we're going after the cops to get this guy." "You're out of your mind!" Iida jumped out of his seat in anger as I explained to him my reasons. "All Might has eyes and ears everywhere. In the police, in the media, even in our school and the heroes. If that man gets to the destination, he'll order a hit to be placed on him and kill the man long before anything that can be gained is taken from him. The only chance that man has to live and give us information is if we catch him and take him ourselves."

I could see the unease in everyone's faces as I tried to recompose the situation in a way that makes the fact we're doing something illegal more bearable. "If you don't feel right going against the police, you don't have to join in on this. The only reason I'm doing this is because we don't have a choice. We will lose a major lead if this guy dies and him going into police custody right now is a death sentence. So you're free to do this if you want. If not, you can walk out now and pretend you know nothing about this job." Everyone thought about this before sitting calmly with nobody leaving. "Alright, now onto the plan." I pulled out a showing of the shortest route the cruiser holding him could take to its destination. "There's three routes they could take. Each route however, falls under this overpass. Most of us will remain here while a small group will come after the group slightly farther up where all the roads converge into one for the route. In the unlikelihood that this team is unable to detain the cruiser before reaching the overpass, the second team will stop them." "What about the cops and any pro heroes in the group?" Dabi asked while I went over this part. "They'll be knocked out and have the injuries kept to a minimum. I'd rather not kill anyone." I walked out of the room to grab my vigilante uniform to change in the next room. "We move in 10. Those who are still not wanting to go through with this, this is your last chance." Nobody walked out as we all began changing. I did ask Kendo to stay behind just to watch Eri with her reluctantly agreeing.

Half an hour later at the rendezvous point, 3rd person POV:

A few cop cars carrying a man with a rat face were beginning to pass an area before seeing a red light. They stopped at it waiting for it to turn before a blaze of blue fire came at the wheels melting the tires. "WHAT WAS THAT!?" The officers got out of the car to see their tires turned into melted rubber. "WHO THE HELL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!" As if out of nowhere, Izuku in his vigilante costume came behind the two cops and knocked them out Once they were, he rested the two on the cruiser waiting for the job to finish. "Don't move!" A few more cops came with their guns pointed at Izuku. "I do not wish to hurt you. Please allow me to fulfill my business and leave." The cops weren't accepting this as an idea to start shooting at him. Izuku dodged them and went behind a car for safety. They were so focused on the green haired teen that they didn't see Bakugou, Toga, and Ochako behind them to knock the cops out. "My apologies, I'd rather not resort to physical violence but there isn't a choice in this matter."