Reunion of Friends

Age 14 Izuku POV:

Over the years of living with the Yaoyorozu's, I've been working as a vigilante and learning quite a few things about my quirk. It seemed as if I was able to mimic quirks for a short time along with taking them. But the mimic wasn't the only weird thing with it, I was also able to understand how the quirk works immediately after doing it to know the strength and weakness of the said quirk. I was also able to add certain quirks together to mutate them into new quirks entirely. As an example, I had fused the spike and scale quirks I obtained some time ago into a quirk I now called 'Scale Shower'. Thanks to my work, many people were also saved from serious or deadly injuries like a few middle school girls when a giant monster of a villain was trying to force information on a hero agency, a pro hero duo that was about to die to a villain with a muscle augmentation quirk, I was even able to stop some monstrosity that looked human, but seemed to have multiple quirks in it for some reason. But probably the most important info I learned was about All Might. It seemed as if he had lost the ability to fight for more than three hours a day. This wasn't exactly the greatest I wanted to hear, but at least I only have to worry about him using his quirk to hurt people for a few hours daily.

Today before school, my dad wanted me to visit him in the hospital to speak with me. Ever since the incident some years back, I've only been there to see him a few times. Not because I didn't want to see him, but because of how badly he's losing his fight to live. "Dad, it's me." I open the door to see dad with a bunch of tubes and wires attached to him still. I couldn't even tell if he was looking at me because of the scar over the top half of his face covering his eyes. "Izuku. It's good to see you again." He smiled at me weakly with his choice of words angering me to no end. 'You can't even see me anymore dad.' "It's good to see you too." I lied and sat near his bed while resting my hand on his to tell where I was. "Izuku, I'd like to ask you about your vigilante work. Why are you doing such a dangerous thing my boy?" "...It started by accident, but now I don't know why I'm doing it." "If I asked you to stop it, would you?" I shook my head no. "The world is in shambles dad. Endeavor and the rest of the top pros are barely managing as is, so people that are not in the open are being targeted. If I stopped doing it, those people will pay the price."

Dad only sighed and looked at the cieling from what I believed. "Your just like your mother Izuku. Stubborn in your beliefs to the very end. I wish I came home earlier that day. Maybe we wouldn't be where we are if I had." I start to look down before he speaks again. "I didn't ask you hear just for that question, I wanted to tell you something more important that you deserve to hear from me." I look at him in his face as he says the most painful words he could speak. "I'm dying." "Wait, what?" "The doctors, they found a mass in my skull that they can't operate on. If they did, I would definitely die from the act." My face loses all color at this. before anger swells inside me. "It's his fault this happened, isn't it." Dad remained silent with me speaking a little louder. "It's All Might's fault your dying, isn't it!" "...The accident did cause the growth, but these things happen Izuku." "...How long?" "They say I have a year at most before it ruptures and kills me. But before that, I want to do two things for you."

I sit there as he says them. "The first is to offer you a recommendation to UA. Nezu is a personal friend of mine along with the pros there. I'm certain they'll turn you into a great hero one day my boy. The second is something I'd like to give you some time in the future if I can." I nod at him before answering. "If you want to do that for me, I'm not denying this wish." "Thank you, now I don't want to make you late for school." "Yeah, thanks dad. I promise I'll come visit again." As I grab the door, dad says one last thing. "It's ok to let someone in your heart to care for Izuku. If you don't, you'll be alone for a very long time. Your mother and me were an exception, but please let yourself love someone again." I begin to grip the handle before answering. "Ok, I'll try." I exit the room to stand in the hallway for a second feeling tears drip down my face. 'It's gonna happen again. I'm gonna lose the last family I have to that monster with me being as powerless as I was when I was 5. Why can't I keep what I want in my life?'