Revived Project

Ok, I'm gonna point out a small thing in regards to this chapter if some of you are anime only fans or have not gotten up to date with the most recent chapter folks. This will hold a slight spoiler warning for a characters origin story in canon. Sorry if you hate those, but it's kinda gonna be imperative for what goes on in this chapter and onwards. Enjoy.

Izuku POV:

It's been about a few weeks since the entrance exams. Thanks to everyone's hard work, we all were accepted into UA's hero course. Kinda stunk we weren't all in the same class since Kendo was put in 1-B, but what can you do. Recently, I've been coming across a few more monster like humans with the same characteristics as one I did before. They all had a lack of brain power, their heads top half was missing for their brain to be displayed, and they had more than one quirk for some reason. Knowing that there wasn't any other quirks that could give others quirks besides mine and dads, I began to dig a little in it. "Common, just a bit more." I decided to hack into my fathers old work computer in secret to find anything possible.

"Alright, were in." I began looking through files after files for anything that could make sense. But each one showed nothing of what I wanted. "If I were dad, I would keep it somewhere hidden, but in plain view." I look at some of the more easier files to see a small link to a document. I click on it to have it bring me to a site that needed a pass code. 'Didn't expect this to be so easy, so lets get going.' I spent the next half hour trying to hack into the link to finally get through. "Now that that's done, lets see what your hiding." I looked at the file to find it was an old test called 'Project Rebirth'. 'Says here, Project Rebirth was made as a way to give heroes that died an early death the chance to come back. Dad would take one or two bodies to use in this and repair dead tissue and jump start their brainwaves again.' I scrolled down for most of the information to be gone. 'Dammit, he wiped it!' I kept scrolling down until I saw a name and a picture.

"Shirakumo Oboro. Quirk: Cloud Burst. Died as a second year in UA due to collapsing debris. Head was crushed and died instantly." I kept reading down for a few reports of prognosis and tissue restoration along with a quirk mutation and alteration. Once I got to the bottom, the last of the information was blurred out with the last line being the only thing visible. "Kurogiri. Quirk: Warpgate." The last bit of the information was gone with the final words 'Disbanded' put on it. "What did you do dad? Ahhh! This is so frustrating!" I throw my head back on my chair to look at the ceiling. "What was Project Rebirth? From what I read, you succeeded in it. So why did you scrap it?" I start to get up to walk to my closet. "I have a few hours before school starts. I'll pay dad a quick visit before heading to UA."

At the hospital

I began to enter into the hallway to see it rather quiet. 'Guess the fact I'm here early may be a part of this.' I went to text Momo saying I'll be at the hospital and heading directly to school afterwards for her to not worry about me. Once I enter the room, dad hears the door open to turn his face to me. "Dad. It's Izuku." "Izuku, always a pleasure. How are you?" He smiles at me while I take a seat next to him. "I've been well." He turns to my general direction and stops smiling. "Something's wrong, isn't it?" I held my head down before saying what I wanted to know. "Dad, what was Project Rebirth?" "...Why did you go into my files Izuku?" "I found something that had more than one quirk and almost no brain function that didn't make me to think it was anywhere close to a human, so I dug into your old files. What is the project and who is Shirakumo and Kurogiri?" "...Lock the door."

I do as he says before sitting back down. "The fight with the successors of OFA was a troubling one. Each successor had harmed or killed many heroes with the next taking more than the last. It came to a point I felt I should do something more. Project Rebirth was that option. It would give the pros that died a new chance at life and possibly save more lives in the process. I made sure to get written consent from any and all volunteers next of kin to try and give them some help. Shirakumo was one of them. He died protecting kids from crushing boulders far too young. So as a way to help him and his family, I had tried to bring him back. To do this, I had to mutate his original quirk and restore tissue that was nonexistent." "Did it work?" "We brought the dead back to life, yes. But we failed to bring Shirakumo or any other subject back fully. You see, we were unable to bring back the mind that was once the person. Shirakumo was the only person that actually had a personality at the end of the project."