• | The Final Straw | •

As he started sipping water from his water bottle while coming home with Yuvaan and his dog Timothy, Aditya noticed that the police guards his dad has arranged to guard their mansion has already arrived.

"Yuv, you're going to the library now right? Main bhi aata hoon.."

Yuvaan who was trying to manage timothy with his collar immediately glared at Aditya and smirked.

"Adi, tu teek hai? You were telling me ki uncle ke kuch guests aarahe hai, isliye tu ghar par rukega. Pehele mujhe laga you do want to change, lekin ab? I should've understood that you're the Aditya Hooda! Phir tu 45 minutes ke andhar ghar aaja.."

Aditya smiled while hitting Yuvaan's shoulder playfully.

"Chal bye.."

Yuvaan and Timothy ran towards the Sharma house while Aditya walked towards his own with his hands behind his back. Once he was in front of the gate, he stared up and down at both the guards suspiciously.

"You'll are early today. Mr. Hooda ne order diya tha kya?"

Aditya couldn't resist from inquiring about his dad's obnoxious behaviour. He might be having a separate sweet agenda when it comes to treating officers around the mansion as opposed to treating his son like s***? A guard smiled and nodded his head.

"Nahi Sir. Mr. Rampal ko Mr. Hooda ne inform kiya tha ki unhe aaj subah hote hi sheher se bahar jaana hai. So we are enacting Mr. Rampal's orders.."

The officer's answer surprised Aditya since he remembered Mr Hooda threatening him to join for dinner tonight with some of his guests. If so what's this news about him going away from the city? Is the dinner program canceled for good? Aditya scratched the back of his head.

"Mr. Rampal? Who's that? Arjun? Him I know!"

"Sorry sir and Ar..? Oh no, not the actor! Mr. Sanjay Rampal is the Police Commissioner of New Delhi. Our Chief.."

Aditya cut the officer's words in between directing his hand with a smirk.

"Yeah. The one who is friends with Mr. Hooda. Okay, carry on with your security.."

Giving a small salute, Aditya walked inside the gates and found Maria aunt working in the garden. He stepped towards her and cleared his throat to let Maria know about his presence. The lady turned around to find a smiling Aditya staring at her.

"Adi baba! Main toh darr hi gayi. Aap aaj jaldi agaye?"

Maria cleaned her hands with a serviette she had over her shoulder and asked Aditya, who started looking around in urgency.

"Ah.. I.. um.. I have somewhere to go. Um.. aunty, waise I need to know something but aap ye conversation ke baare mein kisi ko nahi batayengi and by anyone, I mean it!"

Aditya came to the point and Maria shook her head to show her loyalty.

"Ji Adi baba, I promise. Hum kisise kuch nahi kahenge. Aap bataiye na.."

"Okay.. um, I wanted to know ki.. Z.. Zoya ma'am ne kaha tha uh.. woh kitne bajhe aayengi aaj College se?"

Aditya had his doubts whether to inquire about Zoya from the people at home but he felt that it would be much safer if he inquired Maria, since she knows him well and if he asked Anjana the same, she'll make him go through an entire interrogation as to why he needs to know Zoya's whereabouts and what not!

"Zoya ma'am Anjana ma'am se keheke gayi thi ki woh paanch bajhe aayengi. Aapko kaam tha Zoya ma'am se Adi baba?"

Maria raised a brow in concern while Aditya stood still.