• | I Do A Thing Called What I Want | •

"Cheeku?"

As Aditya heard his mother calling out his name, he turned around to witness surprisingly his mother and father both standing in front of him. Though Aditya was caring towards his mother at unexpected times, he wasn't pretty much impressed with Mr. Hooda's glare and wasn't enjoying it at least to make a mockery of him.

Number one reason being Harshwardhan's very spontaneous nature, just like how his son Aditya has inherited from him and number two reason, him being a liar and a fairly big one at that.

It was a skeptical look laced with confusion and questions which Aditya recognized looking at Harshwardhan. He cleared his throat and faking a grin, walked towards his parents and paid attention to his mother.

"Maa, aap chahthi thi na main use drop kardoon? Woh toh cab mein jaana chahthi hai!"

Aditya pointed out the obvious fact as Anjana and Harshwardhan looked at each other. Giving one last confusing look his son's direction, Harshwardhan walked out of the house with his briefcase while Maria ran behind him to close the gate. Anjana sighed and placed her hand on her son's cheek which made Aditya jolt back immediately.

"Aap.. aap kya kar rahi hai?", he asked confused.

Anjana felt her throat drying at the bitter tone of Aditya's voice as he stepped back in astonishment but on the other hand, she soon enough remembered what her husband had said to her, rather warned her as soon as Aditya and Zoya left the dining table after having their breakfast.

"Anjana, dekha na? Zoya ki taraf aankh uta kar dekhne keliye bhi Aditya koshish nahi kartha. Woh is ghar ki mehemaan hai aur humare bete ko tameez tak nahi hai Zoya se baat karne keliye, ek normal insaan ki tarah! I can understand ki aaj Zoya ne Adi ke saath bahar jaane keliye isliye mana kardiya hoga kyun ki shaayad use Aditya se darr lagtha hai! I know he must have scared her off. Mujhe is bachchi par vishwaas hai lekin humare Adi par bilkul bhi nahi Anjana.."

Harshwardhan looked at Anjana, taking a frustrated breathe.

"Main office jaaraha hoon. Tum abhi ke abhi jaake apne laadle ko at least aaj samjhado Anjana ki jaise woh behave kar raha hai, yeh sab main is ghar mein tolerate nahi karunga. Everyone should talk with each other. Aditya chahtha kya hai? Mujhe badhakna chahtha hai kya? Family ke secrets bahar nikhle, he wants that to happen? Kya tum bhi vahi chahthi ho Anjana?"

Harshwardhan questioned in deep angst and Anjana shivered.

"Harsh, main.. main nahi chahthi aisa ho. Main Adi ke saath Zoya ke baare mein baat karungi, I'll explain that he shouldn't hold any grudges against her. Zoya ek pyaari bachchi hai, samajhdaar hai. She has been brought up with good values Harsh aur mujhe patha hai, Adi ko Zoya se koi problem nahi hai. Bas.. humara beta aisa hi hai, ziddi.."

Anjana knew that she was taking a risk trying her luck talking to Aditya but it was worth it as far as protecting the truth about their family mattered. Harshwardhan gave his consent to his wife.

"Yeah Anjana, talk to him and I expect positive results from him. Aur ha, Zoya educated hai aur mujhe patha hai, uske saath agar Adi ki dosti hojayegi toh humare bete mein differences dekhne milenge, kyun ki mere nazariyaan se dekho toh Zoya ek aisi ladki hai, jiske saath jo koi bhi baat kare woh humesha khush rehetha hai. She's a strong minded girl.."

Harshwardhan waited till Anjana finished her breakfast and the elders walked towards the living room to notice Aditya thinking to himself.

"Maa? Agar aapko kuch nahi kehena hai toh main room mein jaaraha hoon. I need to get ready..."

Aditya said in an alarming tone as Anjana realized that she had a good plan working in her mind. She suddenly placed her hand on Aditya's shoulder to which he furrowed his eyebrows.