• | The Unexpected Dinner Party | •

As Zoya arrived at the Hooda residence past One'O clock, the sun seemed to be following her strictly wherever she decided to walk. Staring at it for a last time with annoyance, she was finally happy that she reached the residence as Zoya folded her umbrella neatly and entered through the gates, passing the guards.

As she marched towards the dining hall of the house, Zoya noticed that miraculously Aditya was already sitting at the table, facing backwards to her. She couldn't help but silently think whether her timing was bad today or her luck. Whichever the factor it is, it did no good to her since the person she least expected to be home for lunch was Aditya Hooda.

It was obvious since most of the time he decided to skip having any kind of meal with his family or either preferred to stay outdoors for the few days Zoya had come to live with the Hooda's. Anjana aunty had already informed her about her son's unusual character and no wonder Zoya was aware about it after the experiences she had to go through, which involved Aditya very much in all of them.

Understanding that this isn't the perfect time to treat herself to some delicious dishes, skipping lunch for a while Zoya turned around to dart upstairs without making any noise, only to collide with a feminine figure at her back. She immediately held on to the arms of Anjana to balance herself, whose face looked puffed and tired, as if she had been crying from a long time when Zoya noticed her.

She observed Anjana's face sternly and it was confirmed in her mind that the mother had indeed been crying because of some reason. At the back of her head, Zoya heard a squeaking voice informing her that it was Aditya's fault but then again Zoya decided to inquire Anjana later about it when they get some free time at home. 

Anjana was mildly surprised to find Zoya at lunch hour since she hadn't informed her to be coming home early. As soon as Zoya reached her destination in the morning by taxi, she had made a quick call to Anjana and told her that she will be reaching home past three'O clock for lunch but seeing her for on time made Anjana happy.

"Zoya beta, tum itni jaldi kaise aagayi?", she asked her pleasantly surprised.

Aditya heard his mother talking to someone and turned around from his seat to get a glimpse of Zoya, whose hair blocked the view of her face. He had been waiting for Maria to bring the Rice dish to the table so that he can start eating but waiting for food killed him. But the sudden arrival of Zoya made Aditya get excited since he would get to see more reactions of her, once she sits with him for lunch.

"Aunty, jis kaam keliye main gayi thi woh jaldi katam hogaya toh main aagayi. Aap khaana khaane jaarahi thi?"

"Ha Zoya. Why don't you join us? Waise.. Aaj lunch keliye Aditya bhi hai ghar par.."

Anjana mumbled in a whisper so that it doesn't reach Aditya's ears even by mistake. Zoya nodded with a grin understanding the mother's emotions.

"Main haath mooh dho kar aati hoon aunty, tab tak aap lunch kijiye!"

Zoya stated and walked upstairs to freshen up herself after a tiresome day. As she walked down the stairs, she was welcomed to the sight of an unexpected visitor in the afternoon. Harshwardhan Hooda had surprisingly showed up for lunch at home and Anjana, who was marching towards the dining table at the same time crossing the living room, carrying a dish of Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice was shocked seeing her husband at an odd time at home. Harshwardhan looked at both Anjana and Zoya with a smile.

"Good afternoon ladies, wasn't this a wonderful surprise?", Harshwardhan asked as he placed his briefcase on the couch next to him and nodded towards the dining hall.

"Aap dono lunch karne jaarahe the? Am I home on time? Aur beta aaj tum bhi jaldi ghar aagayi ho. Kal jo tumhare saath hua uske baad mujhe lagtha hai ki tumhe jaha bhi jaana hai, tum jaasakthi ho Zoya, for sure. Par jitni jaldi waha se nikhle toh hum logo ko tumhari chinta karne ki zaroorat nahi hai. Tum ab ghar ki beti jaisi hai so we worry about you, isliye. Haina Anjana?"