• | Confusion | •

"Adi? Aditya! Tera dhyaan kidhar hai yaar? Jab bhi teri taraf dekhtha hoon, tu bas bahar hi dektha rehetha hai. Aisa lagraha hai jaise ki main akhela travel kar raha hoon. Aaj kuch huva kya tere saath?"

Yuvaan's voice brought Aditya out of his trance remembering his dad's words and he immediately realized where he actually was. While both Aditya and Yuvaan's puppies were resting comfortably in the backseat of Yuvaan's father's Corolla sleeping peacefully, Aditya had occupied the passenger's seat while Yuvaan was driving the car. They were on their way to Colaba to meet Yuvaan's father's younger sister as they had already planned. Sheila aunty has invited the boys for lunch since she hadn't seen Yuvaan for months.

"Um... Yuv, tujhe yaad hai maine kaha tha Mr. Hooda ke guest ke baare mein?"

"Ha dude, kaise yaad nahi hoga? Uske baare mein tune itni saari baatein ki hai pichle hafte mein jab woh yaha thi hi nahi aur maine bhi toh bola us din, ki main sochunga kaisi dikhthi hogi woh if she's coming to stay at my place. Duh.. Woh aaj aayi thi tere ghar par?"

Yuvaan's excitement had no ends but Aditya was feeling confused with the drama he'll have to put up hereafter just like how his parents has been pretending for all these years.

"Ha yaar but before I met her at my house after returning from my jogging session, I clashed with her early morning and pffffftttttt..."

Yuvaan slowed down the speed of the car at an unusual pace as soon as Aditya mentioned Zoya which grabbed Aditya's attention clearly. Yuvaan slowly turned his head to stare at his friend before replacing his numb expression with a smirk.

"Oh.. ho!!! Toh baat aage badh chuki hai! Bata kya hua, how does she look aur how old is she? Kya woh achanak tere baahon mein aakar ghir gayi ya phir us ladki ka dupatta tere chehere par aake atak gaya? Detail me bata sab kuch Adi!"

Aditya opened his mouth in surprise feeling unbelievable to accept the fact that Yuvaan actually believed what they showed in Indian movies and teledramas to be happening in real life. He had no time for silly jokes.

"Seriously Yuv? Tu ye sab vishwaas kartha hai? Tu tera dimaag ghar par bhool kar aaya hai kya? Ya phir nasha washa toh nahi karliya? Jaldi bata, main Ralph ko lekar yaha se uthar kar, bus pakarke ghar chalajaunga..."

Yuvaan laughed at Aditya's sarcasm. When it came to making satirical remarks at unexpected times, no one can beat Aditya Hooda and Yuvaan knew his friend well. He gave a push on Aditya's shoulder and laughed hysterically.

"Oye relax Adi, tu jaanta haina main mazaak kar raha tha?"

"Toh tu bhi ye jaanle ki mera naam bhi Aditya Hooda hai!"

Aditya and Yuvaan exchanged a hi-five while Yuvaan decreased the volume of the romantic English song playing through the radio which was disturbing their conversation.

"Achcha bol, kya hua aaj subah us ladki ke saath?"

Aditya sighed and adjusted himself on the passenger's seat and narrated the entire story to Yuvaan. Of course he made sure that he won't be spilling any information about him finding Zoya as one of the most prettiest girls he has ever seen nor the fact that he rejected to help her was because he wanted himself to get distracted from her. Yuvaan kept listening to Aditya intently, grasping every word he said.

Then Aditya told him about returning home and the girl literally flying to his arms which made Yuvaan crack as anything and Aditya gave him a look which clearly stated that it's nothing to laugh about.

"Maine poocha na ki koi dramatic scene hua ki nahi tum dono ke beech? Woh ho hi gaya hai aakhir!"

Aditya face-palmed himself and gave a pathetic expression to Yuvaan to which his friend honked the car twice with joy. Thankfully there were no other vehicles on the road ahead of their Corolla. Aditya continued the story where he had a banter with Zoya and how Harshwardhan introduced Aditya and Zoya to each other.