• | As We Dance With The Devil Tonight| •

"Adi, what was that? You know right tum kuch bhi kaho woh tumhare dad hai?"

Anjana questioned Aditya as she walked behind him at first pace. She wanted to warn him about maintaining decorum but if she went in to detail, Anjana knew the negative consequences.

"Maa, woh aadmi jo baita haina? Unfortunately he's my 'dad' and I can't do anything about it but that doesn't mean that he can take whatever the decisions he wants to take for me!"

Aditya's high pitched tone didn't sit well with Anjana as she noticed how rudely he was speaking about his dad. For shouting out loud they were at a high profile party and if her son and husband starts a fight here, the secrets that they've kept hidden about their family will come out in open and Anjana didn't want that.

"Adi, is this the way to talk about your father? At least show some respect.."

"Maa, respect should be earned! Aur aap toh izzat ki baat na kare toh achcha hai because when your husband turned selfish and tried to leave us forever, tab aapko izzat.. Uh! I don't want to talk about it!"

Aditya's frustration was visible with his stern voice as the mother-son duo reached the buffet table. They noticed Zoya carrying a plate and roaming around checking the dishes. Anjana decided to change the topic as she let go of Aditya's hand and walked towards her. As she placed a hand on Zoya's shoulder, she jolted.

"Excu.. Oh aunty, I'm sorry. Mera dhyaan khaana choose karne par tha.."

Zoya mentally slapped herself as Anjana gave her a grin and she noticed that the mother hasn't come alone. With his hands inside his trouser pockets, Aditya was giving her a glare of... curiosity?

"Zoya, ab iski zaroorat nahi hogi kyun ki we can have dinner directly! See.."

Anjana turned Zoya around by her shoulders and pointed outside the main doors of the hall and yes, dinner was being served and people were starting to move out of their places to have dinner. Aditya followed the gaze too but he observed something else from the corner of his eyes at the same time. Nushara was sitting at a table with the same man who was eyeing Zoya some time back.

The middle-aged man had his hand on top of Nushara's and they were animatedly talking to each other. But Aditya could feel some un-comfortability reading Nushara's face.

"Maa? I'll be right back. Aap dono jao aur apne aapko khaane ko lao aur main bhi jaldi aaunga, okay?"

Aditya's eyes turned towards Zoya and she felt him seeking answers with the gaze they held. Wonder what Aditya is up to and what is Anjana aunty doing here without uncle? Is something wrong? Zoya pondered as Aditya patted his mother's shoulder and rushed through the crowd.

"Zoya? Khaana lene chale? Adi mujhe yaha lekar aaya tha warna uncle bhi aa jaate. Let's get some dinner, tab tak main uncle ko call karke bulati hoon.."

Anjana answered the doubts in Zoya's mind and she nodded. Few minutes later Zoya and Anjana were standing in the que while Harshwardhan marched towards them and the ladies gave him space to stand with them.

"Anjana, mujhe tumse kuch important baat karna hai. Dinner lekar mere saath aao aur Zoya, I hope you don't mind walking alone towards our table?"

Harshwardhan questioned and Zoya felt suspicious as she furrowed her brow and gave a look of confusion but she didn't want to interfere in private matters of the Hooda's. It might not be a serious matter perhaps!

"Of course, it's fine uncle.."

"Waise Adi kaha hai? He brought you here and then disappeared Anjana? What's the matter with this boy?"