• | Aren't You Throwing Shade On Me Today? | •

She was lying on the floor with Aditya Hooda staring directly at her eyes, with almost only few inches of space left between them.

Continued...

Usually Zoya has heard that normal people either pace or sit at one place, thinking aloud when they feel nervous but here the situation wasn't in her favour. Yes, she had been up close with Aditya before as well, heck they had kissed during that night but this was an entirely different moment. This didn't feel normal but hot. When Zoya simply walked out of her room she expected Aditya to stand face to face with her, giving her a glare laced with either irritability or satire but what she hadn't imagined even in her wildest dreams was happening indeed.

She stared rather closely at Aditya's intense eyes which mirrored many feelings together, out of which she couldn't guess whether he was feeling nervous, his mind was filled with vexation or being typical as himself, laughing at her miserable state from within!

Aditya meanwhile couldn't comprehend that he had been dragged to the floor by Zoya and he was holding her head strongly from hitting the floor. When had he started feeling protective about Zoya? His thoughts were literally pondering over trying to figure out the real Zoya Khurana minutes before whereas here he is, seconds later inspecting her frightened stare with interest! She looked more beautiful, as if her eyes were depicting an ocean of emotions and Aditya's spine shivered at the conception.

He immediately glanced at the back of her head, his grip from behind and then Aditya slowly looked at her eyes again. She was already watching him silently and he blinked unable to think anything ahead. Not taking her eyes off his criminally attractive features, Zoya gulped and her attention moved to his lips the next moment, that were slightly open.

No way Zoya, you are not gonna do it again. Do not lose yourself. No matter how many prohibited thoughts shake your mind, you have to steer clear of anything distracting if you want to stay at the Hooda house. Zoya realized her provoking notions and cleared her throat, breaking her eye contact with Aditya at once.

As soon as both Aditya and Zoya understood their awkward postures, Zoya tried standing up instantly when her entire weight fell on to the ground as she forgot that Aditya had his left arm wrapped safely around her waist and her body was paining a bit.

"Huh..."

Zoya immediately held on to Aditya's muscular shoulders as she slipped. Aditya understood that she was trying to escape the circumstances happened thanks to her only but he also knew that he should help her. It's common courtesy and Zoya seemed to be in pain somehow, he read her eyes the way he knew.

"Wait, let me just..."

As soon as the words escaped Aditya's mouth, Zoya's eyes drifted up to his in shock and she knew that he wasn't interpreting sarcasm. He genuinely wanted to help her and Zoya wondered why did the thought made her cheeks flush. Aditya looked at Zoya to assure her that he will support her but she has to support him by trying as well. The next moment Aditya bent his knees as he moved Zoya's body towards himself with the pull and Zoya clutched Aditya's shoulders with her long nails to avoid another fall. Irrespective of her nails hurting him, Aditya clenched his teeth, tightened his hold on her waist and both rose from the dampened floor.

As soon as they were on their feet, Zoya took her hands away from Aditya's shoulder and moved three steps behind.

"Tha.. thanks.."

She gaped at Aditya who was already watching her and Zoya immediately turned around and strolled towards her room, holding the railing of the staircase. As Aditya waited till she closed the door, he let go of a sigh and looked downstairs to see Anjana holding his puppy safely and Ralph's basket fallen near her feet.