• | Gruelling Times | •

Zoya realized that Aditya was seeing his dad cheating on his mother with his own eyes and perhaps this might not be the first time he has come across such an incident. No wonder that Aditya and Harshwardhan uncle shared a bitter relationship. Zoya moved her concentration away and observed Aditya.

He was staring at the couple as Aditya's hands were clenched in to tight fists and his jaw tightened with anger and hatred he felt for his own blood. Zoya sighed and marched closer towards Aditya, who seemed to have forgotten that he wasn't alone.

"Aditya?"

Zoya muttered unsure whether she should've questioned him in such a situation. Aditya didn't respond surprisingly and Zoya furrowed her brows.

What can I do to divert Aditya's attention? I can't tell Anjana aunty anything or else she'll have a breakdown. From what I know this isn't normally okay for Aditya to hang around seeing his father cheating on him and his mother with another woman and I gotta do something before it's too late.

Looking around Zoya had no other option than bringing Aditya out of his trance and for the same, she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Um.. we should go Aditya.."

She said in a raucous voice to get Aditya's attention and he immediately jolted with the touch and looked behind with unshed tears in his eyes. Zoya was more than shocked seeing him broken since the 'Aditya Hooda' she is familiar with has a playful and a daring nature, a guy who talks against his own parents and isn't afraid to put forth his point of view.

Aditya kept staring at Zoya's hazel eyes for a while which showed empathy for him, his bad luck. He didn't want anyone's empathy because he's not fragile as his mother to face the truth.

Instantly a frown covered his face and Aditya moved away from Zoya literally pushing her behind as he ran upstairs.

"Aditya.."

Zoya ran behind him to know about Aditya's next step and if he's by chance planning to tell Anjana everything, tonight is going to be doom's day at the Hooda house. Once both of them reached the balcony it was less crowded than before and Aditya turned around to see Zoya following him.

"Ma se kaho main ghar chala gaya kyun ki.. uh.. I felt sleepy. Do this for me kay?"

Aditya retaliated in a hurry and disappeared between the crowd inside the hotel while Zoya stood still, feeling the cold breeze touching her skin. She didn't know what she should be doing now since Aditya was already in a bad mood and what if uncle or auntie asks why he didn't wait to say goodbye to the hosts of the party? Geez, she was in a dilemma.

*****

"Sachin and Sunita, thanks for having us for the celebration! We had a great evening.."

Harshwardhan thanked the hosts as they shared a hug while Anjana hugged Nushara and Zoya waited by a side, noticing how comfortable Harsh uncle looked with Sunita auntie.

Of course Harsh uncle, you indeed had the greatest evening a while ago, flirting with a woman who isn't your wife! How are you so calm after cheating on Anjana aunty is what I can't understand.

Zoya's thoughts irritated her as she looked at the elders with disgust.

"Sorry Nushara, Adi ko kisi kaam se jaldi ghar jaana parah warna woh yaha hotha. He asked me to thank the three of you on behalf of him and also to tell you that he enjoyed talking to you after a long time!"

Anjana said as she hugged Sunita.

"Is that so? Koi baat nahi Anjana aunty, Aditya ke saath meri bohot baatein hui thi aaj aur I have to say, he has turned very handsome and good looking over the years and I can't believe my eyes ki yeh vohi ladka hai, jiske saath maine bachpan mein khela tha..."