• | Incompatibilities & Responsibilities | •

Zoya stepped into her White colour slip-ons, put her hair up in a messy bun and walked out of the room to have dinner. As she entered her room in the evening after having the lemonade drink which Aditya had prepared for her, she couldn't help but let her mind wander off to the first day they met as she started chosing a T-shirt and a pair of three-quarter jeans to wear from her wardrobe.

Zoya stepped inside the shower to cool off her brain as the memories seeped in slowly. That eventful morning Aditya was stunned seeing her when they clashed with each other unexpectedly as she remembered the stare he held in his eyes very well. Later on, Zoya couldn't believe that Aditya had been the same rude person who had answered the call which she had made one morning to the Hooda house.

She giggled as she remembered the bittersweet incidents that took place between them since then. How Aditya had threatened her when he got to know that she had entered his room without his knowledge. That night she realized how harsh he could turn, how stubborn his nature was which in comparison to the happy go lucky photograph hanged inside his room was a hundred times worse.

Then Zoya's mind wandered off to the party last night. Aditya was dancing with Nushara hand in hand. Gosh, how much she hated that girl's fake attitude and honey-laced voice. She had that damsel in distress charm using which girls belonging to high class always lure innocent rich jerks and manipulate them!

Zoya couldn't register in her mind what was the reason but she didn't find it annoying anymore to see Aditya Hooda in front of her eyes if he decides to grace his presence at the dining table. Perhaps things were changing between them at a slow pace after his tiny approach today but yet Zoya decided to ignore the feeling she was getting at the thought of that certain guy clouding her mind.

Once she stepped into the living room, Zoya thoroughly scanned around to spot Aditya but he was nowhere to be seen. After the alarming events from the party which both of them had to witness, she knew that Aditya had a valid reason to ignore having dinner with his family.

Yes, Zoya did feel terrible for Anjana aunty since what the poor mother always wished was to see her son happy in front of her eyes whenever he was home but Aditya had his reasons to stay away from his family tonight.

"Anjana, Aditya kaha hai? I hope he hasn't decided to ditch dinner today.."

Harshwardhan's baritone voice pierced her thoughts as Zoya suddenly turned around to notice him marching out of his room, adjusting his glasses. Slightly smiling she nodded and as genuine as he has always been with the daughter of his friend, Harshwardhan walked towards Zoya and patted her head.

"How are you beta? Kal University jaana haina? Shall I send a car here in the morning to drop you off?"

Zoya appreciated his concern but the question at the moment wasn't deciding her mode of transport to go to the University but to know whether Aditya is doing fine. Is he even in his room or has he gone out without anyone noticing? I hope woh ghar se bahar nahi gaya hai, warna phir se uncle ki daat sunni padegi aur is baar bohot bada problem ho jayega!

Zoya's inner notions disturbed her mind and as she heard someone call her name aloud only did she realize that she was lost making her own assumptions. She noticed that Anjana aunt was standing next to her with a look of confusion.

"Zoya, are you okay? Kya soch rahi thi tum?"

Anjana's motherly smile made Zoya look down and cross her arms.

"Sorry aunty and uncle. I ah.. mujhe papa ki yaad aagayi. Unhone call kiya tha wish karne keliye aur.. I just remembered that aur ha uncle.. maine already taxi book ki hai subah jaane keliye. It's just the orientation tomorrow. Anyway thanks for offering me help Harsh uncle.."