Chapter 11: Unfair

The next day Hisoka informed Reika that he had a battle at the end of the night. He seemed pretty excited for it.

"Who is it with?" Reika asked as she ate her breakfast at the table in the room.

"A little boy. He really gets me-"

"Stop, I really don't want to hear any more." Reika didn't want her meal to be ruined by Hisoka's comments about a boy younger than her.

"So cold~" She ignored his comment and continued eating.

"We're going to Yorknew after tonight by the way." Hisoka said, Reika was surprised to hear that her "vacation" would last longer than she thought.

"Yorknew? For what?" She knew a large auction was going to be held, but she didn't know Hisoka was interested in that kind of stuff.

"I have an obligation to be there for the auction that's going to be held." Reika wasn't sure what Hisoka was talking about, but instead of asking more she simply let it go.

"Okay, Yorknew it is then. I suppose I could attend the auction, see if there's anything that catches my eye." She wondered if any scarlet eyes were going to be sold, she would buy them for Kurapika.

"You absolutely cannot go." Hisoka responded, foiling her plans.

"And why not?" Reika really wanted to do something nice for Kurapika, but the clown was ruining it for her.

"The Phantom Troupe will attack; I don't think you could take them all on at once." Hisoka hated to admit it, but he didn't want Reika to get herself killed, at least not by anyone but himself.

"I'm sure I'll be fine. I can take the Nen of multiple people at one time, don't look down on me." Reika reassured him.

"That's not the problem. The problem is your ability to hold onto their Nen for an extended amount of time. They're all strong, it would take a toll on your body to hold on for more than thirty minutes." Hisoka had a point, the stronger the Nen, the more difficult it was to hold onto, and she would be holding onto multiple people's Nen.

"Whatever. Fine I won't go, but what am I supposed to do for that whole week?" Reika complained.

"Explore the city, there's much to do in a city like this." Hisoka offered.

"Sounds boring, but okay." Reika sighed and walked over to the couch in front of the T.V.

The two stayed in the room for a few hours while Reika lazily watched T.V and Hisoka sat with his blood lust.

Hisoka was to fight Gon tonight, he was more thrilled for this fight than the fight with Kastro. Gon was the boy he was most excited to watch grow in terms of strength. The only other time he felt this impatient for someone to grow was with Reika. He had found her when she was only ten years old, he took her in because he saw the potential in her. Why he continued to keep her around was not very clear to Hisoka himself, but he knew he didn't like to share with others. The fact that Reika was out for five days with a man he didn't even know, bothered him more than he thought it would. Since he would be fighting Gon tonight he threw his jealousy aside and focused on Gon.

Hisoka tried to pour his attention onto Gon, but suddenly the face of Reika when she picked him up at after the hunter exam came into his mind. She had seen someone she didn't want to see, and it was written all over her face. Hisoka let the topic die, but he was still curious. The more he thought about who in the hunter exam Reika would know, the clearer the answer became.

'Is she afraid of him?' Illumi came to mind, the only person Reika would remotely know from the hunter exam.

'In a fight she could easily take him down. There's something I'm missing.' Hisoka knew all about Reika's strengths and weaknesses, Illumi would be trouble, but she would still be able to take him.

In My Mind (Hisoka X OC X Illumi)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara