Chapter 12: An Encounter

Reika was scared that Hisoka was doing this so he could finally kill her. If she accepted the conditions to this fight, her life would be a risk. She's been reminded multiple times in her life that she was weaker than most hunters. She took damage like a person without Nen, and she had no regeneration powers. The closest thing she had to self-healing was Kurapika's Holy Chain which wouldn't work if Hisoka killed her.

"Hisoka be honest. You just want me dead don't you." Reika demanded to know the answer. She knew Hisoka would abandon her somehow, but she didn't realize he would just kill her when he got bored with her. Although she would prefer Hisoka kill her than abandon her, so maybe this was better.

"I don't want you dead. That isn't what this is about." Hisoka's voice was like velvet, something Reika was used to.

"Then why would you make such an absurd rule?" Reika questioned Hisoka's intent.

"Just think of it as training."

'Yeah training where I die, I guess I'm used to that.' Reika thought to herself as she rolled her eyes.

"Fine, let's just get this over with. Don't be so surprised when you win." Reika prepared herself to get knocked around.

"We'll see~"

"Start!" Reita yelled.

Reika wasn't dumb, she wouldn't head straight into a losing battle, so she put up her guard instead. If Hisoka wanted to fight, he would have to start it.

Hisoka took her up on the challenge and threw three cards straight for her. She caught all three with her hands easily.

"Good to know you still have your reflexes even without relying on Nen." Hisoka said as he took a step closer.

"I'm still a trained fighter you know." Reika said as she took one step back.

"Good, that will make this fun."

Hisoka disappeared and Reika quickly felt for his aura by closing her eyes. Hisoka appeared behind her, but Reika instantly jumped away from him. She landed a good distance away from him, she was thankful she was sensitive to people's auras.

"What a good girl." Hisoka grinned wickedly and pointed his finger at her.

"But I already set my trap." With that Reika's face was pulled towards his face. Hisoka landed a hard punch on her sending her to the ground.

He threw more cards at her, but just as quickly as she fell, she was up again. She jumped high into the air avoiding the cards and landed roughly on the ground. Her face throbbed with pain, Hisoka's punches were always the worst. Reika needed to stay quick on her feet, that was the only way she was going to have a chance in this fight. She started walking circles around Hisoka, using rhythm echo to confuse him.

"Oh? You haven't used this in ages." Hisoka mused at all the Reika's he saw around him.

"I haven't needed to." Every one of her responded.

Hisoka threw cards at every single Reika he saw, only one of them caught it. Hisoka smirked to himself and lunged at the true Reika, but in an instant she disappeared and reappeared behind him, throwing the four cards she took from him. Hisoka was already in the middle of an attack, and she threw them so fast even without Nen. He could only dodge half of them, the other two landed shallow hits on the back of his thigh.

"Smart girl, but you won't win this round like that." As Hisoka landed he released the bungee gum he had stuck on her chest and the wall of a nearby building.

Reika was dragged past Hisoka and smashed straight into the wall in front of her. Her nose was surly broken, her ribs were probably in no better shape. It hurt to breath, but Reika stood back up ever so slowly.