Chapter 4: Playful

"Rei!" A small Alluka ran up to Reika and pushed her way into her arms.

"What is it young master Alluka?" Reika asked as she knelt on the ground with the smaller child in her arms.

"Big brother is chasing me! Hide me!" Alluka buried her face into Reika's chest to hide her face. Reika's heart hit the floor upon hearing this.

"Alluka! Where are you?" Reika heard Killua's voice in the distance, it was coming closer.

"Ahh I see...that big brother." Reika admitted that she was concerned Illumi's blood lust was what was chasing her.

"There you are!" Killua began running towards the two, but Reika lifted Alluka into her arms and away from her brother.

"What are you two doing?" Reika asked gently with a smile playing on her lips, she enjoyed babysitting the two children.

"We're playing tag. No fair Alluka! You can't hide in Rei's arms!" Killua tried jumping to reach Alluka yet Reika held her out of the way.

"Yes, I can!" Alluka pouted and held on tighter to Reika's shoulders.

"Oh Alluka, it's rude to use me as a shield." Reika laugh and put Alluka down gently but stood in front of her blocking Killua.

"Let me at her!" Killua tried to run at Alluka, but Reika stopped him

"Hold on young master Killua, let her have some time to hide again." Reika tried to satisfy both the children.

"Aw why?" Killua complained as Reika knelt to his level.

"It's only fair, plus you'll find her in no time, isn't that right?" Reika patted Killua's head softly.

"I guess. Fine, go hide again Alluka." Killua folded his arms in a pout and closed his eyes to begin counting.

Alluka started running off in one direction away from Killua as he counted down from twenty. Reika could still sense Alluka was in the area, in fact she was hiding about four trees from the two were at.

"One! Here I come!" Killua ran off straight towards Alluka's direction.

Reika watched as Killua easily found Alluka in almost an instant, she knew how smart and perceptive Killua was.

"Rei!" Alluka started to cry while Killua continued to poke her. Reika sighed with a smile on her face as she approached the two.

"Come here." Reika bent down and picked up Alluka again and held her in her arms.

"What a baby." Killua sighed as he watched Reika bounce Alluka up and down to make her happy.

"Let her be, she's still just a child. So are you young master Killua, don't antagonize her." Reika spoke gently as she began running her fingers through Alluka's hair to calm her.

"Yeah, yeah. What have you been helping my older brother with lately? He's taken you with him on a lot of his missions these past few weeks." Killua truly was perceptive.

"He doesn't really need my help; I just go along as a butler." It was more complicated than that, it was more like Illumi would use Reika as bait, but she didn't feel like Killua needed to know that.

"Oh, I see. Why don't you always go with him? He's on a mission now and you're still here."

"Sometimes I'm more needed here." Illumi had told her to stay close to Alluka before he went on this more recent mission. She had no arguments for him, she would rather stay with Alluka and Killua than be with him.

"Rei, give me your finger." Alluka was making demands now, Reika knew what she had to do, but Killua was around, this made her hesitate.

"Uhm, not right now Alluka." Reika put her finger up to silence Alluka and to take her Nen away.