Chapter 8: A Job

It was only three days later when Hisoka came back.

"What'd you do?" Reika asked as she opened the door for the magician.

"I almost killed an examiner." Hisoka said idly.

"Why am I not surprised." Reika sighed as she watched him remove his shoes and enter the living room.

"Take it again next year after you learn some self-restraint." Reika approached him and took a seat next to him on the couch.

"How can I restrain myself when I'm around someone like you?" Hisoka's sudden blood lust for Reika washed over her like a wave.

"You know I could kill you. My specialty is taking out Nen users."

"But you won't~"

"Not until you truly piss me off." Reika expanded her own aura to outshine Hisoka's.

"Ahh~, you know how to get me going." Hisoka moaned, Reika instantly retracted her aura by using In to deny Hisoka any more satisfaction.

"What have I said about being weird. Only when we fight can you make those kinds of expressions." She let out a heavy sigh and stood up.

"Can we have a dual then?" Hisoka licked his lips at the thought.

"Not right now, I have a job to do in an hour." Reika said as she walked into the bedroom to change.

"Too bad, looks like I'll have to go out and find someone who can satisfy me." Hisoka got up and went to the entry hall.

"Leaving already? No one can truly satisfy you, even I know that." Reika said as she tied her hair up into a high pony.

"My blood lust is too much right now, I need something, and you won't give it to me. So, I'll have to find some innocent person to kill." Hisoka knew the exact buttons to press on Reika.

"Ugh! Fine we'll fight, but I'm leaving right after and I won't have time to heal you." Reika quickly grabbed some clothes and hurried into the bathroom to change.

"Unlike you, I can take damage pretty well." Hisoka said as he waited by the door.

Reika changed into jeans and a plain black t-shirt; her next job was a simple assassination, she only needed to blend in with the general public.

"Yeah I get it, I'm weak." This conversation reminded her of Illumi briefly, but she quickly pushed him out of her thoughts as she rushed out of the bathroom.

"Not weak per-say." Hisoka said as he happily watched Reika pull on her shoes.

"Yeah, yeah, let's get going." Reika opened the door as Hisoka followed behind.

The two approached their regular place and stood a few paces from each other.

"Same rules as always, no Nen stealing and what not." Reika said as she put her fists up in front of her.

"Start." Hisoka said softly as he sprinted straight for Reika.

A wall of fire appeared in front of Reika, hiding her from Hisoka. Hisoka paused just as Reika barreled out of the wall of flames and shot electricity right for Hisoka. He dodged and threw a few cards at her as he jumped back. Reika caught each card and threw them right back watching him duck to the side. Reika sprinted for him and went to punch him with her lighting fast fist, Hisoka simply enveloped her hand in his gum like aura to stop her.

"You and this sticky aura of yours." Reika sighed and pulled with all her strength causing Hisoka to be pulled towards her.

With her left fist she punched him in the face as hard as she could, the electricity coursed throughout his body. Reika pulled her fist away once Hisoka's aura disappeared from around her hand.