Chapter 17: First Meeting

It had been two weeks, Reika wasn't used for any other mission of Illumi's, but he would take her out of her room every now and then. Illumi would come by and allow her to go outside with him, it was the only bit of the outside world she got. Reika wondered why Illumi kept her in the hotel room rather than take her to the Zoldycks. She had adjusted to her new way of living, Illumi would provide her clothes every morning which annoyed her since they were always things she didn't want to wear.

This morning she was in a dark grey skirt with a navy-blue blouse. She knew Illumi was going to take her somewhere since he offered a pair of flats alongside the other usual accessories. Reika slipped on the cold metals and put on her flats which made her feet much happier than with heels.

"Are you ready?" Illumi asked knocking on the door.

"Yes, master." Reika walked over to the door and opened it.

Illumi had his hair tied back in a low pony which Reika noticed. She was curious as to where they were going this time. The other few times Illumi brought her out it was to take walks along the vendors and merchants. Another time they walked along the countryside, each time they went out there would either be a comfortable silence or Illumi was ask her questions. Reika wondered which it would be this time.

They left the hotel and entered the usual black car. As they were driving to their destination Reika stared outside the window. Reika was glad she wasn't a complete captive and was still able to leave her room every now and then. If she had been locked in there all this time, she would've gone crazy.

During her time in her room she occasionally would try to remove the needle in her head, but each time she failed, leaving her with a nauseating migraine and Illumi's almost sickening aura wrapped around her. She had no plans of escaping; she didn't know how or if it was even possible. Reika hated herself for being so weak, but the Nen infused needle had too much power over her.

Reika was lost in thought when Illumi cleared his throat to get her attention.

"Hmm?" Reika looked over at the taller man with a questioning look on her face.

"We'll leave Yorknew tomorrow. You'll come back home with me and become a butler once again." Finally, Reika was getting some sort of explanation as to what the future was going to look like.

"Yes, master..." Reika had so many questions, but didn't know if she was allowed to ask any of them.

"Hm? If you have more to say, speak." Illumi motioned for her to continue, this was one of the first times that Illumi encouraged her to speak more.

"I-I was just wondering why you want me to become a butler again." Reika fidgeted with her hands not knowing what to do with them.

"I don't really need you to be a butler, more like I just want to keep you accessible at all times." Illumi explained shortly.

"Accessible?" Reika was starting to see a familiarity between Hisoka and Illumi.

"I want to be able to use you at any time I see fit." Reika couldn't stop the look of annoyance that crawled itself onto her face.

"I see." Her tone sounded more aggressive than she wanted it to sound. Reika was letting her true emotions slip, playing the obedient servant all this time was exhausting for her.

"We're here, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time out." Illumi clapped his hands together and smiled ever so slightly.

With the car parked, he slipped out and walked over to open the door for Reika. She climbed out and saw where they were.

There in front of her was the clear blue ocean, the sun sparkled off the water and the waves crashed peacefully against the sand. Reika couldn't help but smile in awe, she hadn't been to the beach in such a long time, who would've thought Illumi would be the one to take her.